8

Friday

I'd survived my first week here at school. It wasn't too difficult considering it was the end of April and there's only one more month of school left. I'm basically exempt from all final exams and getting 100's put in because I literally came in last minute, now curriculum is wrapping up.

I'm really excited for tonight, Ethan and I are going out around the town tonight. I haven't seen or talked to him much this week. I saw him in the halls at school and we have one class together, but we don't sit by each other. He sits behind me.

Plus every night he's been busy with work and I've been hanging out with my brother considering he's going back to Atlanta tomorrow. He'd be coming back in about a week, but still. I'd miss him.

*flashback*

Sunday Night

"Thanks for today. It was the most fun I've had in so long." I tell Ethan sitting in the chairs on his porch, looking out at the moonlight over the ocean.

"You're welcome. I had a lot of fun too," I hear him grin in his words.

I began to think about beach trips with my family, back when my parents were here. We would always go during the 4th of July week and sit out on the balcony every night. It was so fun, I wish they were still here.

"You okay?" Ethan asks me with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah," I say, fake smiling. I think he bought it. I just met him, I can't bombard him with my life problems.

"It's getting pretty late. I think I'm gonna head home," I said as I stood up walking towards the steps.

"Wait," He responded standing up grabbing my wrist lightly.

I turned around and gave him a 'Let's hear it" look.

"I never got your number," He says winking, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

I laugh and put my number in his phone.

"One more thing," he says.

"Yes?" I ask back.

"Are you doing anything Friday night?" He says as a smirk creeps in.

*end of flashback*

I decided to wear black ripped jeans, a white crop top, and my blush pink high top vans. I curled the ends of my brown hair and put on some mascara and pink eye shadow to make my blue eyes pop.

It's not really a date, but it doesn't hurt to try a little.

I checked my phone and saw two texts from Callie.

C: Bitch. we are getting together this weekend. I haven't seen you for a week! Coffee tomorrow morning?

C: Is it Ethan that has kept you from your best friend?

Me: I mean we hung out Sunday, but I saw you this week at school lol and duh coffee

C: School sucks a$$. I heard you don't even have to take finals.