13

Saturday Night

I woke up to a knocking on my balcony door. What the fuck?

My phone read 3:53am. No texts, calls, or anything.

I stood up, not bothering to put on a shirt with my running shorts and sports bra.

When I opened the door I met a pair of hazel eyes and a smile.

"Ethan?" I say blinking. I swear I'm hallucinating.

"Yeah it's me. I'm sorry for waking you up. I couldn't sleep and wondered if you wanted to go on a walk?" He says clearly avoiding the fact I have no shirt on.

"Sure, um let me find a hoodie." I say turning around.

"Here take mine," He says removing his camp sweatshirt leaving him shirtless.

"But won't you me cold?" I asked.

"No I'll be fine." I nod and pull his hoodie over my head, instantly engulfed in his cologne.

"This smells so good," I say lightly laughing. "But it also looks like I have no pants on now."

We both laughed. "It's fine, I have no shirt and you have no pants. We equal out." He says.

I blush in the moonlight, staring at his shadowed abs. Even in the dark you could see them.

We made our way down to the moonlit beach from my balcony and began walking towards the pier, which was about 7 miles away. There was nobody to be seen, which was nice.

I walked up to the water and began sinking my feet in the sand, smiling. I love this. The warm water hit my ankles, making me jump.

"Having fun there?" Ethan asked from behind me.

I laughed turning back to him, "A little. I just love the beach at night," I say admiring my view of the beach and one very handsome boy.

We started walking again, talking about random stuff, learning more and more about each other.

"Do you wanna go on a date? Like a real one." Ethan asked me out of the blue.

I already know my answer, it's just harder to say it out loud.

"I'd love to," I say stopping to look up into his eyes.

He stops too, looking down on me. "It was my goal to ask you before sunrise." He says chuckling, running his hand through his dark hair.

I looked up at the slowly brightening sky, and saw the sun beginning to peak up behind the ocean.

"You were really close to not accomplishing it," I say giggling and pointing at the sky.

He looks up and laughs, "Nah. I accomplished it either way because you said yes." He says winking at me.

I blushed in the dim light, looking down. I feel his finger lift my chin up and every nerve in my body tingles.

He leaned in and so did I, closing the space between us. He's so perfect.

"So, next Saturday night?" He asks and I nod.

"Perfect." I say smiling. "I should probably head back, my grandparents will be awake any time now."

"Oh shit, I'm sorry I completely forgot."