20

Ethan's POV

Sunday

11:56 AM

"Hey baby!" I yelled as Kylie came running down the moving escalator.

She jumped into my arms and I breathed in her recognizable coconut scent. "How was it? Where did you go?" I ask eagerly.

She giggles with the laugh I missed so much. So much happened this week, she can't know. I would never hear her laugh again, it would turn into a cry. But I have to tell her.

"Hawaii! Can you believe it?" She says excitedly.

My mouth dropped and then turned into a big smile. "I wish I could've been there with you."

"Me too," a light pink touched her cheeks.

"My goodness Kylie! You left me way back there!" Her grandma walked up and chuckled, a little out of breath. "Oh, I see. Hello Ethan." She smiled politely.

I grinned and waved, "Hey Jill."

"Sorry," Kylie responds, "Let's go get some lunch!" She gestures to us three.

"Actually why don't you two go?" Jill suggests, "I want to go see your grandfather and see if he killed our fish."

"Since when do you guys have a fish?" My girl asked chuckling.

"A couple weeks now. He wouldn't leave me alone until we got one," Jill laughed.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" I ask.

"No that's fine! You two go! Now where is this bathroom?" Her grandma said walking off, leaving us laughing at her.

— — —

"Gray there's something I need to tell you. And you can't freak out." I say closing his door, noticing he was laying on his bed with his phone glued to his hands.

"What is it?" He asked while throwing his legs of the side of the bed, running a hand through his hair.

"You can't tell Callie. Or anyone. You have to promise to help me please." I beg.

"Bro I won't just tell me." He says getting annoyed.

I sit down on the bed beside him, beginning the story.

*flashback*

My hands grabbed onto the handle of the ice cold handle that connected to the refrigerator, opening the door.

I grabbed a water bottle and walked over to the couch, turning on the TV. My fingers messed with the buttons on the remote, turning on a movie.

Immediately catching me off guard, the doorbell rings. Being home alone I was a little scared but it's fine.

Scared then turned to terrified, as the front door opened to Emily. My ex.

This is not happening.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I say blocking the doorway.