Six

"Ready?" Blanda asked.

Her boss was sitting patiently on his phone, texting his annoying girlfriend. He looked up at the blonde as he ended his conversation.

"Let's see it." He said rubbing his hands together. His eyes shifted to the black curtains, that was hiding the brunette that stood inside.

"Come on Selena." Blanda said in an annoying tone.

They shopped for many clothes for many hours in the mall, and Selena was finally trying them on, for Nick's approval of course.

"I look weird." Selena said behind the stall.

"Come on, it's been a long day, we all want to go home." Nick said impatiently.

Slowly, she drew back the curtains and walked out, revealing her outfit. She had a yellow dress with a display of purple and orange flowers all over. To compliment the outfit, she wore a yellow and brown strapped sandals.

Selena looked at her boss unsure. Nick stood up and circled the girl. "Mmm..." Nick said in a mocking tone. "It's cute." He said pleased.

A wide smile appeared on Blanda's face. "Goody!" She squealed, clapping her hands together. "Come on, we have lots to try on!" She yelled pulling Selena towards the stalls.

~+~

It was now nine thirty. The securities kicked the three out of the mall, due to closing time.

They bought all of the cutest clothes in the mall, also makeup etc. Selena and Blanda struggled with at least ten bags on each arm, while Nick casually walked freely.

Blanda agreed to meet Nick at his house. Selena and Blanda threw the bags in Nick's trunk, feeling free from all the load.

Selena and Nick hopped into his vehicle and drove off to his house. Blanda tailing behind in her own car.

They all entered Nick's huge house, stunned.

Everywhere, they were posters of half naked women. Dirty clothes on the floor and empty beer bottles on the counter.

"Sorry for the mess, my maid quit a while back." He apologized, dropping his keys on the counter.

"I've seen worst." Blanda said, dropping the twenty shopping bags onto the couch. Selena did the same.

"You girls get started on packing, I'll be right here if you need me." Nick said, kicking back on his couch.

The girls did as told and started packing Selena's suitcase for the next day. By the time they ended, there were at least four full suitcases.

"How long are we staying again?" Asked Selena. Nick's eyes left the television and onto Selena's. "About two months." He said. Taken back, Selena said, "And I need all these clothes?"

"Yes, we go big in Texas." He said, proud of his state. "Okay then..." She said, standing up.

Grrrrrrr

All eyes were on Selena. She held her stomach tightly to stop it from making a commotion.

"I'm pretty hungry myself, let's order something." Nick agreed with Selena's wailing stomach. He grabbed his phone and scrolled the numerous take out restaurants.

"In the mood for something, anyone?" Asked Nick. "Chinese food!" Squealed Blanda. "Okay, Blanda calm down." Nick chuckled and looked at the clock. "It's ten thirty and the flight leaves at 3 AM, so we have time to eat, shower, and get ready." He said and dialed the number.

Selena took a seat on the couch, exhausted. "Yes, the vegetable fried rice, and the teriyaki chicken. And also the crab rangoon, Okay thanks." He said before hanging up.

"Don't they need your address?" Asked Blanda. "They already know it, my friend Toni works there." He said then looking back at the TV.

~+~

The three dug in as the Chinese food arrived. They chat casually, Selena only saying one word, as they devoured the delicious, healthy meal. They all sat around the coffee table, on the floor, legs crossed.

"What does your fortune cookie say?" Nick asked Blanda. "I don't know let's see." The blonde said, removing the cookie from the plastic wrap and popping it open. She set the wrapper down and pulled the thin paper out of its shell. "You will have great treasure." She said, then smirked at Nick. "I believe I will." She said, extending her hand out at Nick. "My money." She said in a mocking tone.

"Haha, you get paid, after you drive us to the airport." Nick said, emphasizing after. Blanda frowned and place her hand to her side. "What does yours say Selena?" Asked Blanda.

She adjusted her glasses to have a better look at the words displayed on the thin paper. "Sometimes, even love shows a re-run." Selena read out loud, smiling. "The hell does that mean?" Asked Nick. "Don't worry about it. What does  yours say?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Your love life will soon be happy and harmonious." Nick read out loud. "Awe no fair, you guys both get love." Blanda complained. "Don't worry, I'm sure the money will distract you." Nick said chuckling, causing everyone to do the same.

"It's getting late, Blanda go get her ready." Nick said packing up his mess. "Got it boss." She said standing up and throwing her stuff in the garbage. "Come on Selena." She said, pulling her up the stairs.

While being drawn away, Selena couldn't help but think about her fortune cookie. Will love do a double take on her?