Chapter 16- Kill yourself.

We drove for what, to me, seemed like hours. One of Mistress's hands resting on my thigh. Of course, I didn't mind. What I hated were long car rides.

"Are we there yet?" I groaned.

Mistress shook her head.

"Almost, and it's only been 30 minutes. Don't complain." Her voice was monotone.

I crossed my arms, resting against the leather seat.

"Whatever..." I muttered to myself. Though, that earned a piercing, angry look from Mistress. So I uncrossed my arms and sighed looking back at her.

I looked out the window. On a bridge. And not just any bridge. This bridge was a reddish-orange. As we passed over it I could see grey clouds starting to loom over us. Some fog started to pour in, as well. People walked on one side of the bridge, and other people rode bikes on the other side. I could see the people smiling as they walked. Some were alone. Others hand in hand. I felt a ping of jealousy watching some of the couples. I quickly brushed it away.

Thought you didn't do love.

I don't.

So then why do you want it?

I'm not the one that wants it.

Yes, you are.

"So this is the famous golden gate bridge." I sighed. I didn't understand why everyone wanted to come see it. It was just a bridge, that people occasionally flung themselves off of.

I leaned back, watching cars go by us. Some people I saw looked over, they tried to peer inside the car. Curious about who would be inside a limo.

That's right, you're all peasants.

The ADHD here is real.

Finally after what seemed like forever, when I wasn't paying attention, we had entered some sort of secret tunnel.

Finally, we made our way into what seemed to be a parking garage of some sort. Big, concrete. Full of empty slots to put cars.

"Where are we?" I asked looking around. A few other cars parked here and there.

"My workplace, so to speak..."

Finally, we parked. I think I was the first to jet out of the Limo. I stretched my arms above my head.
"Fuck I hate being inside cars." I mumbled.

"Get used to it, after we get Katie's leg all fixed we're about to be on a 36-hour flight." Mistress replied stepping out of the vehicle. Her eyes were fixated on me, being sure I wasn't about to run off.

I flashed her a quick smile.

I'm not going anywhere.

Well, you should.

And how the fuck do we get out?

I didn't think that far ahead...

I rolled my eyes.
Mistress picked up Katie in her arms. Katie let out a small grunt, as she hung onto Mistress tightly.

When Mistress started walking, I followed. I kept up, by her side easily with Kaite slowing her pace a little bit.

We went up a few flights of stairs, my legs starting to burn a little. The stairs were narrow, so I had no choice but to stay behind Mistress. I caught my toes a few times walking up on the concrete. I huffed in frustration.

Fucking hate stairs.

Yeah, not the best thing in the world.

Eventually, after a few flights of stairs, we stood in front of some elevators.

Are you kidding me? We coulda just taken a goddamn elevator?

Maybe they didn't have one on that level?

Mistress managed to push down the button. I shook my head.

I blinked my eyes a few times before the elevator doors came down and opened.

Mistress stepped inside, and I followed. I walked in and immediately stepped as far away as I could once I stepped foot inside.

Mistress noticed this and raised her eyebrow.

"You don't have to put yourself in a corner." She stated.

I crossed my arms and chewed the bottom of my lip. I simply blocked out what she had just said to me. I didn't want to say anything that would get me into any sort of trouble. Not that, I wasn't used to getting into trouble. Now wasn't the time to act out. Not with Katie's leg still bleeding, just not as heavily as before.

At this point, the bandages were blood-soaked. I could smell the iron coming off of her. I had no idea blood had such a strong smell until now.

'Ding.' the elevator sounded. Signaling we had reached our floor. They opened wide, only to expose a hallway. We walked out, it was narrow, so I chose to walk behind Mistress. It wasn't like I wanted to be close to her anyway. She still repulsed me.

I could see the different suit numbers written by the doors. If I didn't know any better, it was just a normal office building. Of course, knowing mistress, it held some sort of secrete.

This is probably where she operates her drug business.

Probably, she's loaded though so who cares?

Is money all you think about?

We have it made.

I shook my head in disagreement. Hell no.

"HELLO, LOVELIES!" I heard a voice yell from down the hall.

Oh god. That's so peppy. Kill yourself.
What? I thought you liked peppy girls.

I couldn't see past mistress very much, but I could see someone's arms raised as though she was going to give mistress a hug. Even though, that would be difficult with Katie in her arms.

Mistress stopped walking as she and the stranger met.

"The big hefe. My, that is a lot of blood. Get in trouble again?" The stranger asked. I could hear Katie take a deep breath.

"Unfortunately. A stray bullet hit her." Mistress replied to her.

"Tsk, tsk Raven. Getting your cute little pet in trouble."

The pep in her voice chipping at my patience like a pickaxe. Though I still couldn't see her face, I envisioned someone blonde. Like, platinum. With a hairstyle that said

'I'm only gay when I'm drunk.'

That would be fitting.

----

Sorry it took so long! and sorry it's not the most impressive chapter in the world for having to wait so long.