Chapter 5- The maid seems a bit grumpy.

"Don't move." She hissed. She darted her tongue out to lick her dry lips.

"What do you want?" I asked slowly. The last thing I wanted was to anger the person holding a knife to Katie's throat.

I licked my lips as I contemplated.

Why do we care what happens to her?

She's our friend?

I disagree. She's not actually our friend. She's our friend because someone told us we were going to be friends.

I fought the voice in my head. Slowly my calm nature was sinking into anger.

"Alright..." I whispered as a malicious smile came across my face. As if, a switch had been flipped.

I looked down over the hill. Where trees were bunched together. It appeared to be a small forest in the distance. I put on the most frightened face I could think of.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I pointed to the direction I was screaming in. Acting as frantic as I could.

The slave who held Katie captive in her arms looked over where I was pointing. She balanced on her foot toes trying to see.

"What are you screaming at!?" She asked harshly. She took her attention off of me as I screamed and pointed.

"HE'S GONNA GET ME! OH GOD, HE'S GONNA GET ME!" I screamed.

The maid kept looking in the direction I was pointing at to try and see the imaginary man.

A small smile crept onto her face, and I stopped.

"Ain't no one gonna getcha. You're mine."

I gulped. She pressed the knife even harder to Katie's throat as her attention set on me.

Katie let out a small whimper as blood slowly began to trickle from her neck.

I shook my head.

"Well, damn Shame that didn't work." I sighed.

The maid chuckled, petting the top of Katie's head. "You know it's such a shame, Katie. All our fun nights together have ended But I-

HEY WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?"

I turned away from her and started walking back to the mansion.

"TAKE ANOTHER STEP AND I KILL HER. DON'T TEST ME."

I shrugged.

"If you wanted to kill her, you woulda done it by now."

I heard the now disgruntled maid mutter something under her breath. Then I heard footsteps, she was running after me.

I dashed for the mansion. She dashed for me.

"GIVE ME THE AMULET!" She demanded. She was able to snag onto my shirt.

I stopped altogether. Slowly, I turned to face her.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her as calmly as I could.

"The amulet. I know you have it." She hissed.

"I don't have it." The anger inside me slowly starting to bubble in my veins.

"GIVE IT TO ME!" She screamed angrily.

"Oh, yeah, here let me just pull it out of my ass!" I yelled kicking the woman's abdomen.

"Mistress even said I don't have it!" I continued as she stumbled back. The woman chuckled, seemingly unaffected by the kick. Her eyes narrowed on me, ready to kill.