4. Fire

Something different

    "I got us the best seat in the house

    "I got us the best seat in the house." Holland bounced up and down like a kid at the candy shop, dragging the annoyed boy with him through the crowds of people chattering, and some side-eyeing them- with a small smile on their face.

After the fight back in the marketplace, Holland was rambling on how he was at the washroom, he overheard a man wishing he could hive his tickets out because his buddies canceled. And he took the chance to surprise him by taking him to tonight's fire show.

Dino does not like any of that sort of stuff. He rather be at the market than come to a place crowded with happy people.

That's the other thing he dislikes; how can someone smile? Doesn't that hurt your face?

"You're really going to feel the fire after this show," Holland sat down on the seat in front of him. "Number 1 and 2 for you," he patted the seat next to him.

Dino rolled his eyes and sat next to him. Surprisingly, the seat that looked like it was crafted by a Stone age man was actually soft as a cloud in the baby blue sky. The chattering of the locals eventually died down when the lights dimmed down- except the light on the makeshift stage.

  He could tell this show was going to suck just by listening to the corny announcement tune blared from wherever the speakers were. Holland jolted his feet's up and down, his eyes twinkling like the Steven Universe characters. He really does look like a child in the candy store.

Dino jolted when two large flames were fired through the dark night. A male appeared with a flaming torch in his hand. He looks like one of those tribes from certain parts of the world- Hawaii or so, with the grass skirt, the headwear, the muscles...so many muscles.

The male held the torch at a safe distance from his face and blew tot the flame. The dark sky, once again, lit with the orange flame. The man jumped along with the bass drum beat emitted from the drummer at the corner.

Another man appeared, dressed the same way as him with the same flaming torch. Both at the opposite end of the sand-stage and blew once to the orange ball of death.

A woman emerged behind the orange flame once it dissipated. Her hips turned in ways only a skilled dancer could. Dino's eyes raised up unable to decipher how the woman's lower half is not being devoured by the flames on the hula-hoop.

"After the show, she has to teach how to do that, so I can show off," the man-child spoke, nudging Dino by the side.

He simply rolled his eyes at him. His attention was the woman who now managed to snaked the hallo hoop up the here torso, with her one hand in the air. She continued to twirl her hips while the hoop along with her movement.

"The best part is coming soon, trust Dino."

  The drummer beats become more rhythmic and fast and more dancer appeared from behind the woman. They are all dressed the same: dress skirts here, flower crowns there, fire everywhere.

For some reason, the bored boy felt an uneasiness from the bottom of his stomach. Maybe the thing he ate earlier, is deciding to escape natures way by coming out of his mouth instead.

The fire dancers spread around to the front of were the excited audiences were. They were pulling some people out of their seats and dancing with them in the sand.

   Hula-hoop woman managed to twirl herself in front of the uneasy boy and man-child focal view. She switched gazes between Holland and him, smiling the same way she was when performing earlier. In a second, her hand was attached to Hollands hand, who looked like he was about to burst in excitement.

Dino grinned. Good thing it wasn't him up there-

"You're coming too," Holland dragged him from his seat.

Holland bounced around the warm sand, completely missing the beat of the drum beats. He couldn't help but giggle under his breath. Dino wasn't much of a dancer, but he at least tried to dance the same rhythmic way as the fire dancers were.

The invited guest eventually returned to their seat Dino is relieved that this crazed dance party was over so he can go back to sitting and enjoying the show. He proceeded to return to his seat when he was held by the shoulder.

The child-man smiled at him. "There is a reason why we're number one and two."

Hula-hoop woman came in between them guiding Dino to the end- the center of the sand. He wasn't sure on what is going on, but he assumed it was a part of their show.

"Stay still," the woman swiftly removed herself from his vision.

  Holland with a wide grin on his face, waving at him erratically. Dino wished he brought his glasses with him because he couldn't see from afar clearly. He squinted his eyes at Holland, who looked like he was holding something.

"Stay here," hula-hoop woman pressed his head back.

Dino felt a hard wall behind. The turned around and saw it is wooden board. Board alike to what used a target for gun practice or archery...

His heart began to pulsate. The audience was chanting loudly. He squinted his eyes once again to see Holland pointing something that was bright and blurry like car headlights from far away.

Something swift, warm, and dangerous radiated from the side of his ear. He looked to the left and saw a flaming arrow embedded at the end of the target board.

Another arrow launched into the wall this time, only inches to his face.

His legs began to tremble, along with his heart. Sweat poured from this forehead either from the flaming death sticks or just fear.

"How close can you go!" the audience chanted repeatedly, almost the same as the familiar tune people sing when playing limbo.

Dino's heart sank when he saw Holland stretch the last arrow at him.

  He's going to die for sure

~

Well this fun date escalated quickly
I

feel proud of this chapter lol

NEXT⇨