10. Wet One

Dino's hands have never been so sore in his entire life

  Dino's hands have never been so sore in his entire life. The constant rolling of his arm and the grip of the wooden stick made his whole arm numb and stiff. Out of all the things they could do, the blond one decided to bring him in the middle of the ocean, on a tiny rowboat.

Holland, on the other hand, is having fun with this exhausting activity. What Dino himself expect, the blond one enjoys these sorts of things. The sudden slowing down of the canoe caught Dino off guard.

Holland had stopped rowing and he placed the paddles on his lap.

   "We're here."

Relief washed over Dino's body when he stopped paddling. He stretched his arms and heard what seems to be his bones breaking but in reality, it's just his stiff joints relaxing once more.

A cool breeze glazed his bare arms, causing him to shiver slightly. Holland seemed to enjoy the cool breeze. His eyes were closed and a thinned-lipped smile is spread on his resting face.

Sometimes, do you just look at someone and wonder what they are thinking about?

The sore boy's hand dipped into the cold water. His hands swerved around the glistening water, forming a mini whirlpool. He watched the swirling of the water beneath him. Imagine if they encountered an actual one. They'll be a dead fish.

Dino scooped some water in his cupped hands and tossed it to the blond boy who jerked, causing the boat to move. He didn't give Holland a chance to react while he splashed water on his face this again. The blond came on top of him, trying to get a grip on his hand.

The more Dino leaned back, and Holland moving forward, the more the boat moved violently.

Splash

The boat tipped over, throwing those on into the water. Dino emerged out of the water, along with Holland gasping for air. To his surprise, the water what he thought was freezing cold was just the right temperature. Maybe it is just his adrenaline keeping him warm.

"Look what you just did."

"Don't blame me," Dino said, "you were the one started it."

"I started-"

Dino shut the boy up by splashing water on his face. He took one look at the angry boy who was now swimming towards him. Dino swam away from the angry boy in amusement, hoping not to get a piece of his wrath.

He dived into the water, swimming under the boat to get to the other side and hid from the sea angry after him. When emerged out of the water, he was sure his plan had succeeded, but boy he was wrong as ever.

"I figured you were going to hide here," Holland smiling smugly at the boy.

Dino swims backward until he hit the side of the boat. At this moment, Dino knew, he fucked up.

In the midst, Holland had splashed Dino in the face,  more forcefully than Dino had in the beginning.  He would have retaliated but he let the blond one do his thing.

"You really are petty you know." Dino wipes the water on his face so he could open his eyes.

"I just like playing fair," Holland flipped the boat over. "Great the whole thing is covered with water."

"At least it still floats."

"Barley," The blond boy tossed the paddles onto the boat. "I guess we have to push this thing back to the shores."

Dino groaned not from the fact that the boat isn't in good condition, but how his hands were going to be sore again. It's going to take them twice the amount of time just to get back to the beach. At this rate, he was ready to just get eaten by a shark or sucked into a vortex.

~

Unfortunately, his wish never came through. The boys made to shores tired and drenched. The cool breeze of the air wasn't making anything better for the wet boy. He was shivering all over his body, little goosebumps dotted on his skin.

"You never told me you had a home here."

"You never asked," Holland opened the door to his secret home.

When Dino stepped into the house he immediately knew that the house was small based on the exterior side of the house. He could tell that Holland doesn't come here often judging by the cot webs and dust on the ceiling and objects.

Holland has disappeared into one of the rooms next to the kitchen. His eyes wandered around the antiques and weird scientific tools onto of the counter. He fiddled around with the junks, moving aside anything that isn't working until he came across a small book.

Judging from its state, it was old and torn, but it was still aesthetically pleasing with its simple design: a star.

"Snooping as always I see," Holland has returned, fully dry and holding a dull looking fabric in his hands.

"Whats this?" Dino took the clothes from him and began stripping in front of the boy who suddenly turned his gaze away. His cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Dini was grinning proudly when he got the shirt over his head.

"It's a book my mom wrote," he waited until the bare-chested boy had put his shirt back on.

That was the second time the blushing one had mentioned his mother. Once back to his uncle's house, and now. While he put on his pants, he took a better look around the house. Everything thing about the design does not scream Holland.

It was too old school and classy for his style. Who he imagined living here was some with an interest in the arts and literature, also who may be into science. He wanted to ask the blushing boy, but he has already said enough.

"Do you want to read it?"

Dino zipped his pants and clasped his hands. "As long as you have a hot chocolate and marshmallows, then I'm in!"

| I need to proofread but eh|