20. Lazy Day

The evening sun was setting and the people at the carnival from them were dispersing to head back home, except for the couples who enjoyed the sunset descend down to the to the ocean

Holland was sitting on the bench gazing at the boy who was on the ground with a bear in his hand. 

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

Dino titled his head to face Holland. His cheeks were flushed red along with his face. He must not take alcohol consumption too well.  "Sleeping," Dino replied.

Holland drank the rest of soju and placed it beside him. "Why don't you come over, we could spend our lazy day together."

Dino laid on the sand, resting his palm under his head to protect them from the grainy substance from entering his hair. "I guess."

They didn't do much. They came to the beach and had a nice picnic lunch together, while they had a fulfilling conversation with one another. Holland could tell the food he had- well his uncle had prepared. 

At this day, Holland knew he sucked at playing frisbee. Who knows it is like football, but instead of football, there is a flying disk hurtled to at your face. 

Now they spend their evening gawking at the sunset. For as long as he could remember, Holland favourite thing about living here is the diverse scenery this world has to offer. It may not be perfect living at times, but there are its moments where you just want to admire what beautiful things this world has to offer. 

He laid eyes on Dino whose eyes were closed. He seems to be enjoying the breeze flowing through his body, and the relaxing sound of the water splashing along with the seagulls squeal in the air. 

~Sunday~

Holland was sobbing. He has been crying ever since Simba lost his father,  Mufasa to a heinous murderer. No matter how many times he has watched it, he still shed tears at this moment of The Lion King.

The two spent their whole day watching classical movies, helping the uncle with the bakery and talking about nonsense. It really was a lazy day for them. 

The sobbing boy rested his head on Dino's shoulder, while he continued to watch the movie.  On the other hand. Dino was tired of watching old Disney classics so he decided to read a magazine of appealing foods perfectly displayed and light on the light. He knows that this is false advertising, but it still looks like delicious food to him.

After a couple of minutes, Dino heard a soft snore as he had been familiar with. He saw that Holland had fallen asleep almost when the movie was about to be done. Poor Scar, all he needed was some love and attention.

He peeled the sleeping one off him as gently as possible and turned off the t.v. He looked out the window and saw that the sun has descended, leaving a hue of a soft orange in the sky. He has to go home soon- 

Dino bit his lip. He glanced over at Holland still sleeping like a baby, cuddling the pillow as if it were to be a stuffed animal. How cute. He felt a pang of guilt in his chest to the thought of the thing he was about to do next. 

The gathered his things and tipped toed to the guest room. He glanced behind to make sure nobody was behind him. His hand were shaky and sweaty from anything that could happen at any moment. An alarm? the uncle yelling at him? the bobby trap?

He took a deep breath and swiftly took the light wooden box with him and stuffed it into his poorly stitched bag. Peeking his head through the doorway, he looked both ways as if he were crossing the road. He dashed for the door in a quiet manner. 

Holland was still asleep in the same position. Dino took the opportunity and placed a small kiss on his forehead. "I'm sorry, I have to do what I need to do."

He was on his way out the house when he saw the uncle appeared out of nowhere. His heart sank to his guts. 

"Dino, I thought you were staying the night?" the uncle said.

He stammered looking for a perfect excuse to not sound like he is lying. "I-I have early lectures tomorrow."

The uncle nodded his head almost in the same manner like Holland had the other night. They truly are blood he thought.  "Goodnight, stay safe," the uncle patted his back and left, making Dino breath out in relief. 

It hasn't been long since he took a look at the orange hue of the sky. It was faded and along with the sun. He stuffed his hands into his jacket pocket and dipped the other way he wasn't supposed to go.

He has things to do.

~
I'm updating so much 'cause I want to finish this book at the end of the month.