22. Frenemy

Vote Holland for Dazed 100

  Dino scrunched his nose as soon as he stepped foot onto the docks

  Dino scrunched his nose as soon as he stepped foot onto the docks. He wasn't coming here just to admire the big ships that carried dead sea creatures on them; he was here for something else.

The sound of a horn shook Dino. A large ramp was descending downwards towards him: he watched as his life flashes before his eyes.

"Move it!" the forces of someone pulling him and pushing him to the ground. "What the hell is wrong with you, Dinosaur?!"

A small grin splayed on Dino's faces as he rose from the wooden ground. "Thanks, Bert."

Bert didn't say a word, he just snorted with his eyebrows creased at him. Looked him more like in disgust he could mention. Bert lifted a barrel that looked heavy than he seemed to be and walked to the ramp. "What are you doing here anyway? Don't you have your boyfriend to hang out with?"

"Why about that..." He couldn't find better words to explain his boyfriends has been captured by a crazy pirate man from a world beyond his knowledge. It sounded better in his head than it expected.

"Oy! I didn't call you here to slack off barnacle boy, get back to work!" A bearded man whose whorls has lived the age has screamed from the deck of the ship.

Bert cursed under his breath. "Stop wasting my time, and getting me into trouble whenever you around me," he proceeds to walk away. "I don't care what you want your boyfriend is, just go."

Dino sensed a pain of guilt in his chest. Even if the ginger boy didn't directly say it to him he could tell that Bert must not be happy with the thing he had caused him the last time they met. It wasn't his fault exactly, Dino was doing what was right.

"How am I getting you into trouble when you're the one doing the wrong thing always?"

By the looks of Bert's face, he could tell he was triggered. Dino prepared for the usual wrath he always released at him for no reason, but his time there was an exception. The gingers boy's harsh face softens, his shoulders drooping representing every feeling Dino himself could relate to.

"I have reasons for my deeds," he unclenched his fist.

Dino's arms were crossed, he looked more concerned on the inside than the outside of course. After all the pain he had caused him, the least he could do is care. However, he was still in for what the boy has to say next. He wanted to know what his reasons for why he did the things to him. Why him?

"I hate you, Dino," he finally said. "I hate how care-free and how easy your life seems. I hate how you show off everything you earn towards those that don't anything."

Dino crackled. It was the wrong time to laughed but he had to. This guy was completely delusional if he thought that his own life was more fulfilling than his. Dino has hated Bert, not just for his attitude, but for the way he is living his life, all the friends he has.

Ever since he moved to this godforsaken town from his old city, he taught life here would be perfect. He thought that making friends and finding people will fulfil him. He was wrong.

"You don't know anything about me. You don't know my struggles." He stepped closer to Bert's face the same manner he would always do when he intimidated Holland. "You don't have the right to compare your life to mine, okay?"

"What do you want from me?" Bert stepped away from Dino's too close for comfort gaze. He proceeded to carry another barrel from the side.

"Like I was about to say," he glanced at the ship to see of the sailor was still lingering there. He was too busy yelling at the crew member for mopping the wrong way. "I need your help."

Bert kissed his teeth as he still carried the hollow object to the ship's ramp. "I can't help you. Don t you have other friends to ask?"

"There's something you have that I don't have."

He grunted when placing the barrel on the ground. Dino could see the little smirk on his face when he faced him. Something about his smile seemed pleased and mischievous. "So, I'm your friend now...after all I've done?"

Dino thought about it for a second. Bert shouldn't assume because he asked for his help means he wants to be friends. They have known each other since the day he showed up in town. They know what ticks each other other off and what makes them happy, and where to find each other on a raining day at night. But friends, no.

"Why, I can't ask a frenemy for help?"

Bert's smile became prominent. He shacked his head as he looked up to the captain's ships for a glimpse. He sighed and turned his attention back to his frenemy.

"What can I help you with?