6. Bakery

Thanks for 200+ views ♡

   "You look like a twig, but you eat like a hippo

   "You look like a twig, but you eat like a hippo."

Dino spilled some hot caramel latte on his lap. He frowned to see the light-brown liquid stain on his bleached blue jeans. He ignored the fool who startled him and continued to chomp on his chicken fillet sandwich.

Holland sat next to the eating boy and stared at him. The sight of him was making Dino uncomfortable since he is not fond of people watching him eat, including a hot guy staring him down while he chewed on his lunch.

"What are you doing here, don't you have magic boy stuff to do?" Dino said effortlessly to break the silence, again talking with his mouth full. It's a habit he has, and he is not quitting it very soon.

"I live here," the blond one finally released his gaze from the boy.

The chewing boy gulped his mashed sandwich and looked at the blond one in confusion. Everything else about him is confusing, but he doesn't get why a magic-boy like him would willing live in this shit hole of a planet.

"Where do you live?"

He started at the blond one who was unamused with the hippos gaze. He stretched his legs out, unwinking the casual denim jeans he wore.

"Now I see how it feel feels to be peered at on," he chuckled lightly. Holland rose from the seat stretching his entire body till he could hear some joints popping.

Dino couldn't seem to keep his eyes off the blond boy's exposed belly. He smirked and took a sip of his caramel latte.

"What are you doing today," Holland asked.

He set the latte down on the bench seat. He pressed the power bottom on his iPhone. "I have three hours until my next lecture starts."

"That should enough time to show you my home."

~

The smell of butter, sugar, warm sizzling goods lingering in the air made the boy overdose in ecstasy. If he wasn't a budgeting college student he would have bought the whole collection of baked gooyd on display right now, but sadly, he had to wait until tomorrow for other baked goods to devour.

"Welcome to Abode Holland, please step right this way."

The overjoyed boy jolted his head to the overly enthusiast man opening a clear glass door wide for him. A cheeky smile splayed out across his face when he saw Dino's yet again, confused expression.

Dino bluffed in disbelief. "No way, you live here?"

The blond boy nodded. "Right this way young man."

The inside of the bakery-house was what he imagined perfectly: warm and comfy. The earth tone colors of the wooden floorboards creaked when he walked, the dark green table lamp kept an earthy vibe, with the tree detailing on the sides. Everywhere in the house was dim from the lack of light, but he didn't care 'cause he hates light anyways.

"Is this the boy you've been talking about, Holland?" a man walked into the room, walking slowly as if he didn't want to trigger the creaking of the floorboards. He wiped his hands on his apron and stuck a hand to Dino. "You're Dino am I right?"

Dino took the mans hands which were surprisingly warm to the touch. His grip was firm and immediately demonstrated confidence in his handshake. Dino gets worried when his hand has contact with another since they start to get sweaty.

He remembered when he had to hold a girl's hand during his spring play performance. Those long five minutes, hands were drenched as if he had dipped them in water. He bet the girl next to him probably noticed and wanted to remove her hand from his but had to stay composed and not make a scene.

"Holland, come help your old uncle unload the washer."

The blond one groaned. "How many times do I have to do that for you?"

The uncle smacked the whining mess, softly, but enough to feel something on the back. "Don't you know I'm in the age where I get back pains from bedding down too much?" the uncle jokily said. "It won't take long, then you lay with your friend."

That was the first time he saw the daunting boy show signs of embarrassment his cheeks were glowing red like a tomato. Dino could help but to chuckle along with the uncle who eventually left the room.

"I'll be back, make yourself comfortable," the blushing one evicted the room without even looking at Dino in the eyes.

It was quiet once more since he arrived. He couldn't help but when his eyes see what he likes, he must wander aimlessly. The interesting picture of a pirate ship seem to capture his attention.

He looked closely into the picture and saw the details of the brush strokes of a pirate navigating the ship, his face wasn't clear but he could tell the pirate was determined to sail his crew from the dark erratic ocean.

He noticed a smaller picture frame beside the larger one.

A fair woman, blond-haired similar like the blond boy he knows, smiled alike to the Monalisa. The pink dress she wore complimented the background and her complexation perfectly. He took to picture frame in his hand, admiring the beauty of this stranger.

From the picture, he noticed a small wooden box in the background. The box was placed on top of a dresser. He stopped his tracks and scan the guest room since the picture may have bee taken in this very room. He smiled proudly at himself for being a persistent detective, even though it took no effort.

He wondered what was inside the box entirely maybe it was more pictures. Reaching slowly to the box, his free hand touched the lid and-

"I leave you for one second, and you're already snooping around," Holland nudged the boy to the side and grabbed the box from its place. He narrowed his eyes the boy and then his eyes landed on the photo frame he was holding.

"Who is this?" Dino waved in his face. "She looks like you."

"That's because she's my mother."

-
I haven't posted all week last week cuz I was busy , but hey, spring break is here and I'm posting more

Luv,
Nevealand ❤

Luv, Nevealand ❤