30• More Like What Isn't

Alexa's POV:

I don't sleep. I lay there on the cold floor, with the rug comforting my head. Every once and a while throw up from the knots in my stomach.

"Alexa." I hear a knock at the door.

"I'm taking a shower." I huff out.

"You've been in there for an hour and I don't hear any water."

"Just leave me alone." Is all said but I wanted to say that it's been more than an hour.

"Whatever." She scoffs.

"She'll come out when she's ready." Nia says to Gable and I can almost imagine the love in her eyes as she touches his shoulder.

I get off the floor and dry my tears on a towel laid across the sink. I apply a little concealer under my eyes, blending it into my puffy eyes and dark circles, covering them up.

Gables POV:

Alexa has been in the bathroom an hour or so. I asked knocked at the door and all she wanted was to be left alone.

"What am I supposed to do, just sit here?" I ask Nia, who sits across from me.

"She'll come out when she's read-." Nia looks over my shoulder.

I turn around as Alexa stands in the doorway, she's still in her pajamas.

"I'm gonna go get some breakfast." She says hobbling over to her suitcase and grabbing a T-shirt, jeans, and her crutches that were leaning against the wall.

She clacks back into the bathroom, changes, and then clacks out at a pace out the door.

I get up walking out of the door to watch as she turns around in the elevator. The doors begin to shut, she takes a look at me and smirks right before they shut completely.

Alexa's POV:

I smirk at him as the doors begin to shut. As soon as they do though, it's like the breath is knocked out of me.

I grab my phone from my back pocket and dial some numbers.

"Hello, this is Providence St. Patrick Hospital." A cheery woman says on the other side.

"Hi. I'm a patient of Dr. Hernandez. Is he free today?"

"If you can be here within an hour, his schedule is clear till then." She says.

"Okay thank you."

"May I know who is calling so I can tell him?"

"Alexa... Alexa Kaufman." I say hesitatingly.

"Okay thanks." She says hanging up without giving me a chance. She finishes as soon as the elevator door bings to the ground floor.

Gables POV:

"She's been gone a long time." I say.

"There was probably a line." Nia comforts.