1

Baekhyun wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, not minding the blood that now stains his skin and lips.

He just had a delightful meal.

That human was fond of eating meat and also consumes vegetables moderately. That's why he fucking tastes good.

Humans are always so mindful of their health that Baekhyun already thanks them for it—because it means nicely-tasting blood.

Baekhyun's probably the best hunter in their union. And he takes pride of that, though he only hunts for himself since he doesn't have a mate.

That makes him growl in irritation. Just when will he find that creature who will stay with him forever?

A werewolf-vampire hybrid? Oh please, no. That can't be. Only him and Kyungsoo are hybrids. And Kyungsoo is definitely not meant for him. That doe-eyed shit has his own partner already, which is a vampire.

If he's going to think of it, a vampire mate can be nice. Like, hunting for that crimson-colored liquid always, together. Finding reckless victims who they can turn to their meals for the day. But what if he kills the vampire when he gets hungry and devour his vampire's flesh? Oh god, no.

Or a werewolf, preferably an omega, to whom he can devote his time to. He can take care of his mate more that way, since werewolves are known to be more romantic and affectionate than vampires. They really take their mates seriously and they would stay with their mates forever.

That would be really nice. BUT. He doesn't think he is that patient to 'waste' his time for someone else more than himself.

Should he just wait for his destined mate, if there is one? But when would it be? Will he still have someone in life?

He hisses in annoyance, leaving the human's corpse, and heading to his house in some split-seconds. He twists the doorknob, about to enter his own home but then he smells werewolf blood, from Kyungsoo's house at that.

Fuck, that one smells so good.

He contemplates whether to go to Kyungsoo's house or just head inside his own. But it seems to be instinctive when he hears that werewolf whining in pain, loud yelping heard from inside Kyungsoo's residence. He decides to just go to that house.

He opens the door, about to walk in but he can't.

Ah, yes, without an invitation, vampires can't enter.

'Fuck, this vampire blood of mine', he thinks. But of course, that's half-hearted.

But there, Jongin comes out from his own room to the door, and when he gets closer, Baekhyun notices the vampire's face pale with a reason he doesn't have time to tell.

"Let me in?" Baekhyun firmly orders, but it rather comes out as a question.

Jongin blinks twice but then he quickly gains consciousness to the surroundings.

"O-Oh, Baekhyun hyung, come in."

Baekhyun slightly rolls his eyes and stepped in, walking past Jongin. But he remembers something.

"Why's a werewolf here?" he asks as he turns back to Jongin.

"Master's—I mean, K-Kyungsoo's meal..? I don't know.." he answers with a mindless shrug and goes back to his room.

'Right, vampires are always just respectful to the one who owns them.'

Baekhyun goes up the stairs, and when Kyungsoo senses another presence outside his room, he scoffs, knowing it's Baekhyun. Again.

Kyungsoo leaves the werewolf for a moment to open his door.

"What the fuck are you doing here in this kind of time?!" the shorter one growls.

Baekhyun's eyes fall first to the badly-bruised werewolf.

"Who's he?" he asks Kyungsoo as he walks near the unmoving wolf, eyes set on this tall figure.

"What's it with you?" Kyungsoo spats back as he pushes Baekhyun backward by the latter's chest with one hand.

"No, I'm just asking. He looks.." Baekhyun trails off.

"I think he's a spy, from some other pack. I don't exactly know, but he looks like one, doesn't he?" Kyungsoo says, also giving the werewolf a glance.

Baekhyun just frowns, eyes never leaving the wolf. "No, he looks familiar..." he mumbles more to himself than Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo scoffs, "Everyone's familiar.. to you, Baekhyun.."

"No, it is Ch—He's Chan—"

"Hold on, I should finish him fast.. I planned to make him suffer long but.. you fucking happened."

Kyungsoo is about to get back to the weakened werewolf but he is then stopped by Baekhyun, a hand on his arm.

"Wait."

"What?!" Kyungsoo retorts, rolling his eyes, so much annoyed.

He should have finished the 'spy' nicely earlier but Baekhyun just has to interrupt him like this in everything.

"Chanyeol.." Baekhyun mutters, and the werewolf slowly looks up to see who it is who knows his name.

Chanyeol's vision is blurry, and he sure is badly beaten. He almost can't even move a limb but he recognizes that voice. That voice that was once overused just for him.

"B-Baek-hyun..?" Chanyeol weakly inquires, and he can't even open his eyes but Baekhyun knows those ears. He has known it for so long.

'Chanyeol. It's him. It's definitely him.'

"You know this fucker?!" Kyungsoo growls. "Don't tell me you were the one betraying us—"

"The fuck?! No, he's.. from a memory of mine I'll never forget."

"Baekhyun.." Chanyeol whispers and looks down.

"Memory?" Kyungsoo repeats, eyebrows almost meeting in a deep frown.

That memory. That memory that always brings out his weak side.

Park Chanyeol.