18

"I d-don't feel good, Chanyeol. I don't feel good.."

Chanyeol's eyes widen as Baekhyun pulls him down and buries his head on the crook of his neck, sobbing quietly and trying to maintain a steel grip around Chanyeol's body.

Chanyeol screws his eyes shut, those words Baekhyun has just said never erased from his memory of the past when he forces Baekhyun before even if Baekhyun isn't in the right condition to do so. Baekhyun would always endure that for him, accept that for him. Baekhyun's suffering again.

Chanyeol rests his trembling hands on Baekhyun's back.

"I-I'm here.. Master," Chanyeol murmurs at Baekhyun and keeps the hybrid close to him, glancing at Kyungsoo who only looks at him apologetically.

"I know a cure.." Kyungsoo speaks. Baekhyun only sniffs on Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol decides to inquire about it himself.

"What is it?"

"Your blood, Chanyeol. A lot of your blood. You're a beta and that's what the cure needs. Your blood would neutralize the remaining faulty blood in his bloodstream."

"I can cure him? I can also cure these wounds?"

Kyungsoo shakes his head 'no'. "And you can't do this on your own. Baekhyun needs to do all the work. All of it."

Chanyeol looks at him in disbelief. "Can't you see that he can't even move right now? All the wounds are opening up! He'll die from blood loss!"

"He won't."

"So that's the reason you're not considering this as a problem? He's still in danger.. This happened before... This already happened before. I almost killed Baekhyun myself before! He can't be in pain like this..! Can't I just take all his pain? Can't I just switch places with him? Baekhyun doesn't deserve all this..!"

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun murmurs weakly. "I need to drink, Chanyeol."

Chanyeol looks down at Baekhyun, but not being able to bear seeing Baekhyun like this again he quickly looks away, holding Baekhyun's frame with one hand and bringing out his claws from his free hand, positioning it on his own neck, closing his eyes and digging two sharp nails under his skin.

"Master," Chanyeol says as he lifts Baekhyun's head up. "Master, y-you can drink mine. C'mon, please.."

Baekhyun still has the audacity to laugh against the pain. "Idiot. You think that won't heal fast?"

"Then use your fangs.." Chanyeol says.

"I can't control them.."

"Then how?!" Chanyeol exclaims as he sits Baekhyun gently on his couch. "How, Master?"

"You're still an idiot.." Baekhyun whispers as he laughs quietly.

"Master, this isn't a joke!"

Baekhyun chuckles. "I'm not going to die.. It's just that I need blood, that's all.."

"But how would you get blood?"

"I know," Kyungsoo says, heading to the kitchen and going back to slam a glass on the table. "Fill this."

"How? The wound would heal too fast.." Chanyeol says.

Kyungsoo purses his lips and pulls Chanyeol closer, gripping on Chanyeol's wrist and opening his fist to protract his own hybrid claws. He looks at Chanyeol's teary eyes.

"Do you trust me?"

Chanyeol shakes his head 'no' slowly, making Kyungsoo roll his eyes.

"Do you love him?"