8

Chanyeol's lips are quivering, his hands tight around his folded legs as he tries to blink away the salty tears falling from his swollen eyes.

Fear that has taken away his hearing again only grows as he feels vulnerable once more. So weak and in danger.

Well, he has been in danger all his life. He has been the one who would cheer everyone up but sulk in the corner once nobody is there to witness, on the grey area where he is nowhere near alpha and nowhere near omega as well, not knowing where he should belong.

Chanyeol grew without parents close to him and by his side, so lonely at those times. No one even knows his special condition. As if anyone would care.

When Baekhyun came into his life, that was the time that for once he has felt that he belongs in someone's arms. That he belongs in someone's company. That he matters. That he deserves something in a world where he doesn't know what part of the ground he should even stand on.

Baekhyun gave him the ability to see things vividly, appreciate the little things, be a part of the world somehow.

And yes, Chanyeol smiled at him. Chanyeol showed him that he's really happy, and yes it's partly true. But then, Chanyeol had been in danger all his life.

And to a human, Chanyeol was dangerous as well.

Ironic how he saw himself as someone dangerous, yet Baekhyun loved him. Yes, because Baekhyun didn't know what he is. Baekhyun didn't even know anything about him.

All Baekhyun knew is that Chanyeol always wanted to have a piece Baekhyun's time, hear a part of Baekhyun's voice. Baekhyun would furrow his eyebrows in confusion because Chanyeol wanted them to make love too often. And Chanyeol would always make him say his name.

Baekhyun had always let him. Even with how tired he was, he let Chanyeol use him. He let Chanyeol have a piece of what he always wants. Feel what he wants to feel.

Baekhyun was so selfless. He would always do everything for the one he loves.

But lies would always kill, even with how sweet they were. Chanyeol lied, more than how many times Baekhyun knew, and yet Baekhyun would still stay.

When Chanyeol fell and their refrigerator dropped over him, breaking his leg.

"Are you sure you're okay? I think I heard a bone break, Channie.."

"W-What are you talking about? I just tripped."

"Tripped and accidentally pulled the refrigerator over you?"

"It did not fall over me. I just tripped, Baek, I promise. See? I am okay."

"H-How did that.."

When Baekhyun saw his eyes change to bright yellow in anger.

"Oh my gosh, Chanyeol! What's happening to your eyes? A-Are you.."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's shining, it's another color— Let me see..!"

"It is nothing! It might be the light.."

"What the hell?!"

Baekhyun almost knew it that time. And that's one of his greatest fears. To see Baekhyun want him out of his life like the others do. To see Baekhyun not needing Chanyeol the way Chanyeol needs him. To see Baekhyun getting tired of having him in his life.

Baekhyun has been so kind to him. Chanyeol would see all the bruises from what they would have done the night before but Baekhyun only assures he's okay. And he would still let Chanyeol have what he wants.

Chanyeol hated how Baekhyun might already think he's only making Baekhyun stay because he wants the sex. But Chanyeol was making Baekhyun stay, because he's the only one who loves him, and he's the only cure of his fears. He's the only one who voices his name out like that, like he's for once meant for something, meant for Baekhyun.

But Chanyeol would never be able to let go of the fear of losing Baekhyun. The conflict is, he knows how much Baekhyun has to suffer just to make Chanyeol feel safe. Chanyeol is a danger in someone's life already and he doesn't want that in any way, especially it being the one he loves.

So that night, that last night, he gave Baekhyun everything he has. He told Baekhyun that he wants to hear him scream his name this time. And Baekhyun, his sweet Baekhyun, gave him what he wanted, or in fact needed that he didn't tell Baekhyun.

Chanyeol doesn't want to hurt Baekhyun in a way that would harm him. Being a werewolf turned to a curse to him because it's a human he loves.

Yet at least, when he left Baekhyun, he didn't have to watch Baekhyun cry. At least he left Baekhyun not knowing he's about to leave.

He decided to let Baekhyun have his own peaceful and safe life, even if it means Chanyeol would live without him.

'What happened to Baekhyun? How is Baekhyun doing? Is he alright? Is he safe? I hope he's happy that he already doesn't have me ruining him every single time and demanding too much. I hope he's peaceful not having a tall figure always following him and asking for attention. I hope he's happy. I hope the bruises I left would be healed in no time, now that I'm not there to leave some more again just so I can hear his beautiful voice say my name. I hope he's happy without me. I hope he doesn't feel the way I feel. I hope he now feels free of the danger accompanying me that he has to take everyday. I hope he's alright.'

And the fear of losing Baekhyun . . . Chanyeol fed it up and through those nights he would always regret. He would sulk in the corner again. He would be so scared.

All that's there to feel is fear. And Baekhyun is not there to lift him up.

Because he left Baekhyun.

He didn't look for Baekhyun. He didn't want to see Baekhyun's eyes glaring at him with so much hate. He knows he has been considered selfish all this time.

But really, all he wanted was have Baekhyun. He didn't know that it would pay back like this.

But now, he has Baekhyun again, in a different way. And it's okay to be called his slut when the lust takes over. It's okay to be treated roughly because he likes it anyway. It's okay to be called slave because that's what he really is to Baekhyun.

But to be told to know his place, when never in his life did he know, it's frustrating. It's painful in its own, and from Baekhyun's mouth, with the voice that once only spoke to him with care, or with teasing, it kills him.

He doesn't know what to do now. He really wants to be good, to perform his role for Baekhyun well, and to please Baekhyun like he deserves after all the pain he might have gone through. But now that he literally can't hear anything, it would be difficult.

He wants to be cured. He badly wants to be cured. But knowing how bruised Baekhyun ended up to be when he chose staying free of experiencing his condition before, he knows he will never want to let his needs come first again.

* * * * *

A/N: Yasss! The long awaited explanation and flashback. How was it though? Kindly comment if you liked it.