19

"Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

Baekhyun looks away and clears his throat after happening to mutter the same question as Chanyeol at the same time.

"I-I'm o-ok—ay.." Chanyeol awkwardly says as he rocks on the stool forward to get closer to Baekhyun's bed. Chanyeol has received the specific consent to enter Baekhyun's room, by the way.

"Mm-hmm," Baekhyun hums as he taps his fingers restlessly on the mattress, wanting to ask something. He thinks he has the right so he does. "Can I see?"

Chanyeol's eyes widen and he covers his wounds instinctively. "M-Master, it's really okay—"

"Aish," Baekhyun huffs as he purses his lips.

Can't Chanyeol understand that I'm concerned?

"Are you really that dense?!"

"I-I'm sorry—"

"Stop being so sorry. It won't change anything, Channie.."

Channie.

"I-I know," Chanyeol says as he sadly looks down. "I know I can't change what I did.. I know."

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun mumbles as he senses what Chanyeol is talking about, lightly pushing himself up by his elbows to sit and lean against the headboard.

Is this the right time to talk about it?

"Don't mind me.. I'm just.. b-but I'm okay.. Master."

"Do you want to.. talk about that..? We have a lot of time for it.. but.. I.. I'm not forcing you I-I.. It's just that.. we—we have nothing else to do maybe?" Baekhyun tries to reason it out, cursing at himself for sounding too persistent for it.

Chanyeol looks to the far right with the gaze Baekhyun still can't read. "I-I'm okay, Master.. We should f-focus on your condition right now, r-right..?"

Maybe not now, Baekhyun thinks to himself.

"It doesn't hurt much though. Do you, by any means, think of your Master as a weakling? I'm Byun Baekhyun, the union's best hunter, you can hold on—ow! Y-You can hold onto th-that.." Baekhyun winces as he mistakenly drags his fingers down another fresh deep cut. Chanyeol tries his hardest not to laugh. He can't succeed though.

"Sure," Chanyeol says and smirks lightly. "Union's best hunter, huh?" he playfully teases, and while Baekhyun still sees remaining sadness on the wolf's eyes, he figures he should just ride along, like before.

"If I could I would surely punish you for disrespecting my position in the union like that. Fuck, just wait until I recover, you little shit," Baekhyun says with jokingly warning eyes.

"I don't think I'm little though..?" Chanyeol says, mocking.

"And how sure are you about that, hm?" Baekhyun challenges with a smirk and a knowing look.

"You want me to show you?" Chanyeol says as he actually puts his hands on his pants' fly.

"Fuck you," Baekhyun says as he slumps back to the headboard. "There's no permission from me yet, slave.." he reminds and looks away, knowing he won't have enough power to give it to Chanyeol at this time. It's disappointing actually but he knows he can't do anything about that.

Or can he?

All Baekhyun knows is right now, he wants something that only Chanyeol can give. And he wants it immediately.