6

A/N: I updated the last chapter thanking you all for 200+ reads and now it has grown to 600+ already! I love you all so much. You don't know how happy I feel. Thank you for supporting me.. I hope this chapter is as good as how I want it to be.

* * * * *

Kyungsoo looks Baekhyun through his lashes with a piercing gaze. "Aren't you being too happy with him by your side? Are you sure you know his place?"

"Kyungsoo.." Baekhyun murmurs as he looks away while he takes a seat across the other. "Is that really how you greet me? Can't you be just a little more considerate and understand me?"

"You didn't even answer. So you're really happy that he's with you? Huh?" Kyungsoo says with a firm voice, his eyes glowing an alpha red, "I should've killed him right when I had the chance."

Baekhyun frowns at this. "Can't you be happy for me? Can't you just let me have him again? I didn't even contradict you when you loved Jongin!" Baekhyun complains, gritting his teeth in frustration and glaring.

"So you're higher than me now, Baekhyun? I know how you fight for your fucking values but Chanyeol doesn't deserve you! Don't stand up for him infront of my fucking face because he left you! Don't you understand? He doesn't deserve it, Baekhyun. He doesn't deserve to have you in his life anymore!"

Baekhyun shakes his head in disapproval and takes the courage to look into Kyungsoo's glowing crimson eyes. "I don't care.. I don't care because I love—"

"Love. Oh god, Baekhyun. Love?"

"Why? What is it if I still love Chanyeol and—"

"Shut up."

Baekhyun cusses under his breath.

"He's just gonna break you."

"I know."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes in annoyance. "You see my point? You're forgetting what matters again. Because of Chanyeol."

"Don't act like you're my parents!"

"You know I have to," Kyungsoo mutters briefly.

Silence.

Kyungsoo just wants to prevent him from hurting himself again. Physically and emotionally. When Chanyeol left Baekhyun, the latter has always been questioning himself. Questioning his importance. Questioning his life.

Kyungsoo can't afford to let Baekhyun do that to himself again.

Kyungsoo knows he wasn't there from the beginning. He wasn't there when Baekhyun first met Chanyeol. He wasn't there when they fell inlove with each other. He wasn't there when they made memories together. He wasn't there.

He also wasn't there when Chanyeol began lying to Baekhyun. And when Baekhyun believed. He wasn't there when Chanyeol left him without a single word. He wasn't there at those times.

But he was there when Baekhyun needed to have a shoulder to cry on. He was there when Baekhyun needed someone to pick him up from where he was crying with his two eyes closed in wishing Chanyeol would someday come back. Chanyeol was who he needed at those times but Kyungsoo stayed. Kyungsoo stayed to make him know that he's strong. To make him know that he's not just someone who others can use and play with. To make him see that he didn't lose himself when he lost Chanyeol. Baekhyun found what he really was.

And Kyungsoo was there when he did. Kyungsoo was there to help him build walls. Baekhyun learned how he can keep his feelings inside and keep others from reading them, keeping them from everyone including Kyungsoo.