27

"Are you sure?" Chanyeol asks as he watches Baekhyun.

The hybrid has been noticeably uneasy these days, almost always refusing Chanyeol's attempts to be nearer.

Every little move Chanyeol makes towards Baekhyun, the latter never fails to step back from.

"Yes, I'm sure," Baekhyun says.

"Have you stopped loving me already?" Chanyeol asks, a lump in his throat as he hears his own words, knowing Baekhyun can say something that would hurt him right now.

"What the fuck?!" Baekhyun exclaims and goes closer to Chanyeol in a millisecond. "What crazy thing are you saying?"

"Am I not right? You're losing interest now. You told me I can love you, but why do I feel like you're already hating me after that?"

Baekhyun runs his hand through his hair in frustration. "You just don't understand, Chanyeol..!"

"What do I not understand?"

"I want to feel it, Chanyeol.. I want to feel it. Now. Right now."

"I don't understand!"

"See? You don't know what's happening to me. You don't know how hard I stop myself to claim you. You don't know how hard it is for me to keep myself away from you.."

"You don't need to keep yourself away..! I can take anything you give me. I will let you claim every single part of me. That's part of what slaves do..!"

Baekhyun's eyes turn red immediately. "What did you tell me again?"

Chanyeol stops and looks at Baekhyun warily, knowing that with one word that Baekhyun doesn't want to hear at this moment, he's doomed. Not like he doesn't like what Baekhyun does to him when he's angry. It's just that.. it's too crucial. And he might hurt Baekhyun with it, too.

"I asked a fucking question."

Chanyeol looks down but Baekhyun grips his chin and makes him look back up to his eyes.

"Th-That's part of wh-what s-slaves do, M-Master.."

"Repeat it."

"That's part of w-what slaves do.."

"You stuttered. Repeat it."

"That's part of what slaves d-do.."

"Again."

Chanyeol sighs and looks at Baekhyun intently. "I-I'm sorry—"

"I didn't ask you to say sorry. I told you to repeat it."

Something tugs in his heart and he can't explain if it's pain or the joy of knowing Baekhyun doesn't want them to treat each other as only Master and slave.

"That's part of what slaves do," Chanyeol forces himself to talk clearly and loudly.

"Now, do you still believe that it's because of that?"

Chanyeol shakes his head 'no'.

"Why would you let me claim you then?"

"Because it's you, Master."

"Because of who?" Baekhyun urges.

"Because of you, B-Baekhyun.." Chanyeol swallows as he feels Baekhyun's fingers trail down his neck, lightly caressing but nails scraping occasionally.

"Good. From now on, you're not forbidden to call me by my own name. You understand?"

Chanyeol nods as he whimpers quietly at one dig of Baekhyun's claws.

"Baekhyun.."

"Hm?" Baekhyun asks as he trails his hands down Chanyeol's sides and squeezes.

"B-Baek—hyun..!" Chanyeol gasps as he feels the other's sharp nails under his skin again.

"You like that?" Baekhyun smiles knowingly as he asks with his eyes.

Chanyeol nods meekly and soon he feels a pair of lips clash against his, soft and plump, but calling for a challenge of Chanyeol kissing back, and so the latter does, feeling himself being pushed back to the bed in the process.

'I love you.'

Chanyeol's eyes snap open as he hears it from the mind link.

'Master..'

Baekhyun parts from the kiss and smiles. "Channie."

"Hm?" Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun's eyes.

"You know that we're destined mates, right?"

Chanyeol freezes as he remembers the time Baekhyun looked at him with glowing crimson eyes, his own turning a bright yellow as he hears one word. Firm and final. 'Mate.' He had already forgotten that because of fear at that moment but now he remembers it vividly.

Chanyeol nods.

"Lay down."

It's briefly told but Chanyeol obeys right away, and he knows so well by now, that all this time he's willing to do everything Baekhyun wants him to.

"Are you.. Are you still open for.. for mating?" Baekhyun asks nervously as he guides Chanyeol to the center of the bed, head on the pillows.

"O-Of course.. Wh-Why would I not be?"

Baekhyun sighs. "It's just that.. I think you still aren't aware of all that happens after this."

"I-I can take everything.."

"That's not it, Chanyeol. You know you're a beta. And as a werewolf, I'm technically a beta. You know what that means."

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun and lifts his hand towards the hybrid's face. "It's okay.."

"No. I know every wolf wants pups, Chanyeol. I can't give that to you. You can't give that to me. I'm sure there would come a time that we would have a problem because of that."

"It's okay.." Chanyeol says as he closes his eyes. "It doesn't matter. It wouldn't matter.."

"No, Chanyeol. We have two mated couples in the union who can have pups if they want. Chanyeol, I won't want to see you looking at them and feeling jealous. I don't want to see you being unhappy because of what we can't have.."

"You're enough for me.. Baekhyun, please, you're enough.."

"You're running away from the problem.."

"I'm not."

"Chanyeol.."

"Please.." Chanyeol says in a quiet voice. "Please show me you'll still want me even with that. Don't make me feel like I'm worthless for not being able to conceive. Please.. please stop, Baekhyun. It hurts me.."

Baekhyun kisses the top of Chanyeol's forehead. "I'm sorry."

"I can't give you kids, I know that, Baekhyun.. I have known that since forever. Please don't mention that again.. please.."

Baekhyun nods. "Okay, I won't.. I promise.."

Chanyeol nods and closes his eyes, Baekhyun quickly wiping his tears with his thumb.

"Shh.. I don't want to mate like this. Let's do it when you're ready, okay?"

Chanyeol smiles and hums. "Thank you."