Chapter 3 - The Unexpected Company

I finally blocked my locker. Once I opened it, I couldn’t close it.

It had pictures of me and my friends at the last year spring ball, one of me and Liam, hugging each other, in the times that we were dating, one of my mother and me playing play-station and one of me and my dad eating popcorn at the kitchen. My eyes stopped, I couldn’t look away from that one. I forced myself not to cry.

The bell rang for the entry, as always, I got scared and worse was when I finally closed the locker, Klaus was right next to me.

        “Hello!” He said into the seductive accent and smiled.

        “Hey.” I said, without much enthusiasm, I was smiling but deep inside the sadness was still there.

        “Are you okay?” He asked me and looked intently at my eyes. I nodded affirmatively my head but both of us knew I was not fine.

        “I have Chemistry now, and you?” I inquired to make conversation and time.

        “Me too.”

        “I mean, if you would like to know,” I stopped walking suddenly “I will not have chemistry. Or any other subject today.“ I made a half smile. “Goodbye.”

        “Where are you going to?” He asked, in a tone that seemed concerned, and he pulled my arm.

        “Everywhere but here.” I hesitated. “Will you come with me?” I told that but then I felt like I should remove it. I had forgotten that I didn’t know what he was. I called myself ‘silly’ in my subconscious multiple times.

        “If you don’t mind.” And he said, relaxed, matching the tone of the voice with the accent. He grabbed me a little more firmly in my hand and we got out of school. We reached to a motorbike. “Ladies first.” I smiled at him. He turned the key and the engine made ​​a deafening noise.

For moments, due to whole that noise, I had thought that the head teacher would come running from inside of his huge and comfortable office to come get us, because we were going to skip classes all day, but he never showed up. - Fortunately, I must say.

        He sped up on his motorbike.

        I didn’t even know where he was taking me.

        How ironic...

            He turned off the engine, I got out of the moto and then he did the same. We were in a camp where I had never been.

        “Thank you, bring me out of there.” If I had stayed in school for another minute, everything would collapse, and I would fall.

        “Do not thank me.  You wanted to get out of there this time, I never want to be there... It was a fantastic excuse.”

        “So I’m the one who must say ‘you don’t have to thank me’. - My legs trembled and sat on the ground. He grabbed my forearm to help me so I didn’t get hurt in the ass. Then he sat down too.

        “I know I only just met, but can you talk if you want, tomorrow I pretend that I didn’t hear.”

        “Can you hug me, please? I need a hug ... - Hesitantly, he hugged me. “Now, you may start by telling me what you are.” I went straight to the point. I looked into his sky blue eyes.

        “You could tell me what you are too.” He returned me the look.

        “You know what I'm ...” I regained my courage “But I don’t know what you are.”