CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Okay, maybe we didn't need space.

It was the last day of my time away from the Pierce's Building and to say I was bored and lonely would be an understatement.

I felt socially deprived. I hadn't talked to anyone except for the pizza delivery dude, who may I add was pretty darn cute.

I never in my whole entire life would I say that I actually missed Damien.

Like really.

Even though I had eaten a whole buffet, there was still an empty feeling in my stomach..And dare I say; my heart as well.

The re-runs of Friends were getting quite exhausting and the fake cactus next to my bedside table in my old apartment was getting tiring to talk to.

Yes, that was how socially active I was.

The doorbell rings and my eyes shoot up from the small nap I had taken. I grudgingly roll out of bed and trudge to the door. I swing it open; expecting to find Erin or Amelia throw accusations at me of why I was away.

But I did not expect a bouquet full of violet roses to be laying there. I carefully pick it up as I flick open the card, nestled in between many of the roses.

Missing you...Can't wait for you to come back.

<3

I gasp quietly as my heart begins to beat faster. I shut the door with my foot and I lean against it, re-reading the message a thousand time.

"Oh my god," I mutter, still shocked on his message.

It was so simple yet I was overwhelmed.

I drop the roses immediately and rush to my closet.

I needed to leave this depressing hole now.

Maybe space away from Damien was good because it made me realize how much I needed him.

I didn't know where our relationship stood right now. It was at a rocky point. I knew I was attracted to him but I didn't know how far it went past his appearance and actually seeing his heart and personality. He was known to be a womanizer and play with women's hearts.

But maybe he has changed.

I pull out high-waisted dark-washed jeans and a black long-sleeved turtleneck that cut just below my belly button leaving a bit of skin showing. I shove my feet into my Chelsea boots and let my hair flow out of the messy bun I had placed it in after my warm shower.

I snatch my purse from the coffee table along with the keys. I rush out of the apartment as I call for a taxi.

During my one week stay, I had talked to my parents properly. As the dinner, we had had a week ago hadn't gone as planned. It was terrible actually.

Though they were actually quite understanding. With Damien not by my side, they gave me a chance to explain about the photos. I had actually forgotten they had happened until the taxi driver gave me a second glance knowing where she had seen me with a knowing smirk.

Mom said that I should be careful around Damien though she was only saying that because she sees the exterior of him, that the rest of the world everyone sees. Though her words still stuck with me as I knew that I was treading on waters around our complicated relationship

I pass the money to the taxi driver before jumping out, standing in front of the glass and brick, prestige building. The revolving door held a few people entering and exiting and a few paparazzi scattered around the entrance.

I curse under my breath at the sight of cameras and bow my head before swiftly walking in. One camera snaps a photo of me and the guy lowers his camera before winking at me.