6

I stayed quiet as Mr. Wang drove me home. It was already 8pm, which wasn't a surprise to me. This is the time I usually get out, my mom knows this as well.

He pulled up in front of my house, then turned off the headlights. We sat in silence for a minute.

"Did you eat anything?"

"I'm fine," I replied unbuckling the seatbelt.

"That's not what I asked you."

I glared at him through the dark, "You're not my dad, so stop worrying about me."

I saw him turn his head towards me, "I'm your teacher, I have to worry."

"Yeah, that's all I am to you," I snapped.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked.

I looked away, "I just meant that that is what I am to you... You know what, never mind," I said annoyed at him and myself.

I faced the door and opened it, I was going to get out but a tug on my arm forced me back in the car.

"Mr. Wang what-"

He pecked me on the cheek, causing me to gasp. He smiled.

"You're more than just a student to me Mark."

My cheeks turned red, I got out of the car and hurried into the house.

I touched my cheek, what the heck just happened?

I decided to push it to the back of my mind, and go upstairs. I walked into my room, and took off my shoes, then fell onto my bed. I didn't bother to change, I was too tired for that. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

~

The sound of my alarm going off woke me up again. I groaned and turned it off, but stayed in bed. Maybe I would just stay home from school and pretend I was sick.

As I was thinking about telling that lie, but I guess the world had different plans for me. The sound of knocking came from my bedroom door.

"What?" I asked.

The door opened and my mom walked in with a smile on her face. The thing that I don't get is how people wake up smiling. It's annoying.

"Good, you're up. It's time to go to school, you're going to be late."

"So?"

She placed her hands on her hips, "If you don't get out of bed this instant then I'm going to.... To ground you for three weeks."

Ohhhh scary, her and I both know that she doesn't do that type of thing. To me, they were an empty threat.

"Fine, I'll get up," I said not bothering to argue with her.

She smiled and left the room, closing the door behind her. I groaned and got out of bed, then made my way to my closet. I picked out a pair of black jeans, a black shirt, and a black jacket. I made my way down the stairs and said good bye to my mom before leaving.

I didn't want to go to school, I mean don't get me wrong school isn't that bad.... But it's annoying and the teachers there are weird. Well.... One teacher who looks kind of good in-

I shook my head to clear it, I sighed, this was going to be a long day.

Okay, so that one was a little longer. How was it? Are you similar to how Mark is feeling? Also this is unedited, so if there any mistakes, I'll try to fix them if I catch them.