Chapter 12

Song: Harbours by Edwin Raphael.

"So tell us about yourself Colton," Abby said seductive. 

"I live in Ottawa and I work as a mechanical engineer and as you can tell I am here because I'm playing in hockey," Cole simply answered, smiling back and making Abby blush.

"Vous savez que si ça ne marche pas, Abby va le prendre (You do know that if this doesn't work out, Abby is going to take him) Zoe spoke as she picked at her food.

I sighed and replied, "Ouais je sais (Ya I know)."  

Everyone stared at us and we both replied "quelle?" (What?)

"You two seriously need to stop speaking French, why don't you teach any of us?" Olivia commented, earning both myself and Zoe a glare.

"Because you never asked," we answered at the same time again.

"Man I hate how close you two are, it's like you're twins," Abby said with 'I don't care, but I have to talk' voice.

"Well you never asked and Zen gets me unlike you two," Zo said, I just stayed out of this. 

"Je veux mourir (I want to die)," I mumbled under my breathe and say Zoe reply saying 'agree.' 

"So you are closer to Zoe then Abby and Olivia?" Cole asked as we were walking back to our hotel, as for my family, they stayed at a different hotel where they had to drive back.

"Mhm," I hummed back, stuffing my hand into my pockets and tightening my body from the cold winter air that just blew by, it was a steady wind blow, almost where if you flew a paper plane, it could glide for hours.

"Who are you closer to with your siblings?" I acknowledged.

"Both, we are forced to love each other equally," he replied, "so much as happened today, it went by fast," Cole added, trying to keep the conversation alive.

"It's odd isn't it? I mean yes we are busy with matches, but it feel like it shouldn't go by fast," I explained. 

Cole nodded at my response and asked another question as we entered the sliding doors, "so you said you do school at Victoria, what's it like?" 

"Well technically I do schooling at Brisbane, but because they asked me to try and do medical in Canada they chose Victoria for and so in July I go back to Brisbane to learn and give my report card to my teacher there, I'm usually there for a month or longer, it's really confusing, I'm just confusing you and myself," I explained. 

We got into the elevator and as soon as the door close Cole lifted me up, making me swing my arms around his neck to feel safer and stare into my eyes, allowing me a closer look at his navy sky eyes, seriously, what colour are his eyes? 

"Why? Why are you so goddamn hot?" He said, seductive and husky making my breathe get caught in my throat. 

I stumbled my words over and over again and heard the elevator ding and causing Cole to lower me down slowly and he lead me somewhere, wait, this wasn't my floor? Oh dear.

We entered his room and I was surprise it was clean, since he looked like a person who would be messy, but it satisfied me that he was a clean person and OH MY GOSH everything was straightened out, my OCD kicked in at how perfect things were. 

"It's too early and I want to continue chatting with you, but before that I'm going to shower, be back," Cole said grabbing clothes and side stepping into the bathroom and closing the door. What was I meant to do, join him? 

I went to the patio and the view he had was better then mine, the crescent moon glowing orange and yellow with a few fluffy clouds flying by and the constellations shining bright enough to show some familiar ones like the little dipper. I grabbed my phone and opened the door to take a photo, it was breathe taking. Just being here was breathe taking. I took a few more and headed back in and sat in a small lounge chair and closed my eyes. I reopened my eyes and heard the door open to see Cole step out with wet hair dripping in rain droplets, making his hair darker then usual, dark umber to be specific. I laughed at a thought that ran through my mind.

"What?" He questioned as if something was wrong with him.

"Have you ever thought that if your hair was wavy that you would look like a California surfer?" I suggested, which caused him to smirk and laugh.

"Would you like to see?" He offered and he sat in front of me handing me his elastic and causing my to giggle. His dark grey shirt was slightly wet from his shower.

I crossed my legs and began French braiding his silky, smooth hair. It's odd how much French I spoke and how I remembered, it has been a while since I spoke it and it felt good. 

"Zen," I heard my name get called.

"What? Sorry I spaced out," I mumbled out an apology.

"Can you teach me some French like what you and Zoe were saying, actually, what did you guys say?" Causing him to tilt his head up to me and making me mess up and whine in frustration. 

I pushed his head back down and ignored his request for Zoe and I's chat. 

"Bonjour is hello," I said simply, causing him to look back at me and glare.

"Sentences," he said, tilting his head back down.

I laughed and thought of something to teach him. I guess I can tell him facts about me in French.

"J'ai un chat nommé Kiko, which translates to I have a pet cat named Kiko," I told him, having to redo the braid since he kept moving around a lot.

"Really? Do you have a picture?" He asked. Who do you think I am? Who wouldn't take photos of cute animals?

I grabbed my phone and brought up a photo of her laying in the sun all cuddled up making Cole smile and go around on my phone making me whine and question why.

"You don't have my number so allow me to do a favour," he groaned in a cute way.

I finished and patted his cheeks making him blush a bit as I stood up from the chair before seeing something on his shoulder.

"You have a tattoo Cole?" I questioned with more accent in my voice. 

He nodded and took off his shirt to show off his tattoo on his back, it was a water pattern type that flowed against his muscles every movement he made, making it look like actual waves moving. I hesitantly ran my fingers along them and felt his back move as he talked. 

"You like them?" He asked astonished.

"I do, because I also have tattoos," I replied with relief because some people don't like them and I didn't want someone to be mad at me for how I look. I took off my sweater and flashed my forearm of the flower. 

"When a family or friend dies I place there initials on the petal to have the petal fall into my heart," I told him as he traced his fingers along the ink.

"Any others?" Which caused me to nod and say the one on my back when he saw the bruise.

"I didn't see it," he said with a smirk in his voice, as he put his shirt back on.

I felt embarrassed to take my shirt off in front of him, but he accepted me as who I am, right? I slowly slide my shirt off and tuned my back to him and felt his fingers against my cool body, tracing the ink again making me melt into his touch as I told him what they meant.

"God you're beautiful," he spoke with confidence, I had zero confidence to say he was hot. I felt his lips on my shoulder causing me to jump in surprise. 

"We should go to bed," he whispered as he pulled me to his suit case and grab a pair of shorts and shirt to me, I declined nicely and slipped my shirt back on and slipping out and door saying goodnight. 

What just happened?