Chapter 14

Song: Alps by Novo Amor featuring Ed Tullett

I woke up before Cole, to see that he's on his side, his back facing me, as I stretched my body and heard some cracks here and there. I was always cold, so it was no big surprise that I was cold right now. I stood up to grab comfy walking clothes for today, which consisted of my loose cargo blue jeans and a maroon shirt, with my casual Nike wind breaker hoodie. I washed up and saw it was only 7:45, and I didn't know Cole's sleep schedule, so I went down to get us breakfast.

Carrying a tray that consisted of daily weekend breakfast, like bacon, eggs and hash-browns with a cup of coffee for Cole, and for myself  it was Scottish Oatmeal (it's where the oatmeal is really thick with no drop of water you can see) with sliced banana and raspberry along with orange juice. I buzzed into my room, trying to me quite and placed the tray on the desk and went to the couch eating my food while watching the fabulous sunrise over the rough ocean waves. After finished my oatmeal, I had half a banana left over for me to enjoy. I was about to take a bite when someone leaned in and snaked a bite making me pout.

"You might be the cause of my depression," I said, turning my head towards Cole, who looked dead, messy hair flying everywhere.

"At least it's someone you like, what happens if someone you didn't know or like gave you depression?" He spoke, oh so he likes philosophy?

"What happens if I don't like you?" I joked, causing him to frown. "Don't be sad, I brought you breakfast," I added, feeling guilty.

He laughed it off at my reaction and hugged me, saying 'thank you' and walked over to the desk with food lingering on it.

"What time is it?" Cole questioned, drinking his black coffee.

I glanced down at my watch, "8:18."

"How long have you been up? Actually, don't answer that," he spoke, lifting my legs and plopping down on the seat and resting my legs on his lap. 

"Well for work I get up at six am and work 8 to 12 hours, depends, but I slept in today," I nervously laughed, taking a sip of orange juice.

"Why? Are you asking for death? I'd be dead at that time," Cole groaned, causing me to smile and lean my head back.

It was sunny during the winter season here, but not as sunny as Australia, that's the one thing I miss, the heat and sunshine, I'm not use to moody, rainy, cold weather, would I move back to Australia for the weather? Or family and friends? Or both? I snapped out of my thoughts when we stopped in the middle of the street that was a strip street mall? It was just a bunch of your regular shopping stores, but on a street with no cars. 

"Woah," I breathed out, and gasped seeing my favorite book store on the corner. 

"What?" Cole chuckled. 

"Books," I moaned out and started to walk towards the "library."

I was greeted with warmth and was amazed to see the inside, three floors?! I couldn't contain my excitement, I squealed like my sisters when they got makeup. 

"You like books?" Cole questioned, as he followed me around.

"You have not seen my collection," I turned towards him and paused seeing a book I wanted, but didn't have in stores. 

"They have Legend here?! This is amazing," I screamed with joy and flipped through the woody smell of fresh paper.

"You're weird, I'm going to get a coffee," and just walked away, leaving me with my passion.

As I walked up to the third floor, I spotted a place to sit and read a bit of my new book I was going to buy for sure, as I relaxed, I got a buzz from my phone and saw a text from Cole asking where I was, I replied saying somewhere and left it at that.

"Remind me to not take you to a book store," I heard a smooth voice say. 

"Well it shouldn't have taken you 15 minutes to find me," I replied with sass, "what's that?" I pointed out to the drink Cole had.

"Starbucks," he said, taking a sip.

"Oh," I mumbled out, before standing up and going to the stairs to go pay and continue exploring.

"Try it," he motioned the drink in my face.

I grabbed the straw and tried some, it was sweet, yet smooth and cold.

"Caramel frappuccino," I smiled and walked off, leaving him stun.

"But it's coffee and you said you didn't like coffee," he asked, catching up to me.

"Yes, black coffee, like I said, I like sweet coffee, so I like Starbucks coffee," I corrected him.

After I paid, we continued down the street and ended up in a sport store since I fulfilled my happiness. Funny thing is, we stayed in the book store for 20 minutes and we are currently at 45 minutes, it's only one level and we looped through this store two times. 

"Now I remember, I need tape," I whispered to myself, but Cole heard me and followed me.

"Why do you need tape?" Cole questioned, as I grabbed black tape.

"I ran out," I replied, but got handed red instead.

"Just because," he smirked and he paid, which I said no so many times.

"Am I not allowed to spoil you?" Cole questioned.

"No," I replied. 

"Too bad, so sad, I just did," he smirked, causing me to pout. 

"Then I call buying lunch," I said, which he said no too.

Lunch came around and we stopped at a take out place with some seats lingering in the store.

"Oh hell," Cole whispered under his breathe.

"What?" I questioned.

Before I could get my answer, Cole's name got called by an older man making him turn back and be hugged by the man, almost the same height as Cole and a smaller girl hugging his hips. I stood there questioning myself what was happening. 

"Why are you here?" The man asked.

"Out for lunch with Zen," Cole pointed at me, now getting the attention. I'll have to remind Colton I don't like attention.

The girl giggled and hugged me.

"I'm taller then someone!" She exclaimed, making me super uncomfortable.

"Please let go of him," Colton pleased, am I a toy?

She mumbled a small sorry and took a step back, as for the man, he smiled at me and hugged me next, SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE.

"Let go of him too," Colton spoke out.

"Sorry about that, probably weird being hugged by a stranger, anyways that's Katie and I'm Matthew," the man said.

"In other words, these are my dorky siblings," Cole said with no sympathy.