Chapter 13

Song for now or later on: Always by Bon Jovi

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I tapped my blade on the mat, I was the last one to perform on ice for competition in Men's figure skating and let me tell you, when you are the last one to skate and you see the final score number of everyone else up there, you just break down like your ice cream just fell off the cone onto the hot cement. I need a minimum of 150 to get to the top five. 

I stood up and felt someone slip their hands into mine.

"Don't panic, you will do great trust me," a female voice calmed me.

Taylor tapped my shoulder telling me to head out for my potential high score on the board in the top five. 

"Next up, Zander Bradley," the announcer spoke. 

I stepped out, bowing to the cheering crowd and it got quiet so quickly, I stood in the center and looked up at the light before the song started causing me to skate forward, dramatic, I reminded myself as I my arms flowed to the music, vine stepping forward, followed by rotating twice and going backwards and spinning in numerous circles that lead me into a triple axle, landing, double rotation, and another triple axle, I swear I broke a bone or hurt a muscle, but I ignored that fact and landed low and pushing my body up into a straight formation, like a freshly made arrow about to be shot for the first time. Everyone was shocked, emotionless and happy on what just happened, even I was too. The song Taylor chose was a short one, yet elegant, so I had to make up for the time that I lost. Double double time, one rotation followed by two and the same thing, making me feel good and the song ending, shoot. 

Everyone clapped and I saw my family close to the line and hugging each other, making me happy that I made them happy. 

I skated off and went to where Taylor was and sat beside her. It was time for the moment of truth of where I stood. Everyone was dead quite since they also wanted to know the scores, but not as much as me. There were a few announcements before my named showed at the top. WAIT! The top?!  I thought. 

"First place ZEN!" Taylor said leaping out towards me and we were both crying at the sight. There had to be a mistake. I won gold by 10 marks. Everything was a glare because of my clear tears falling down my face and welling up at the same time. Time stopped as I hid my face into Taylor's neck and weep for seconds before being called to the podium with second and third place, giving them hugs and saying congratulations, and them saying it back to me. 

I leaned forward for the judge to place the cold and delicate, smooth, blue ribbon around my neck and Canada's flag for me to hold up. The person who came in second was from Japan and third was American, both holding their pride and smiling as millions of flashing lights flashed on our face, along with the occasional glare of the medal reflecting the light into my face and every where else, like a disco ball. This went on for about ten minutes before a news reporter came up to me, asking some questions, I kindly answered.

"How does it feel to win something this big?" She asked, glancing at me with her basic brown eyes, wanting details.  

"It's amazing, to win something like this is and everyone coming to support myself and everyone else here, who competed their hearts out for a passion we love, we are all winners," I remarked, as she looked at me fascination striking her face. 

"Now some people are asking, does this medal go to Canada or Australia?" 

The questioned caused both of us to chuckle, before I could reply.

"Both. Canada and Australia are both my home and I represented both today,"  I answered, smiling big at her. She thanked me before moving to another man and interviewing him and I skated to the change room with Tay following beside me and side hugging me the whole time. 

A warm bath was needed as I went into the change room and started filling that up and stripping out of my 'suit' and switching into shorts and submerging into the warmth, peeling the tape off my right shoulder and sinking into the water until my chin was a bit wet. Closing my eyes and thinking back to mine and Taylor's reaction at the leader bored made me smile and laugh, making it hard to believe I did something I never believed could be done. 

I sunk fully down to get my hair wet and not smell like sweat and when I came back up for air, I opened my eyes to be greeted by midday blue eyes looking down at me, causing me to scream and freak out a bit. I placed my hand on my racing heart and stared at Colton, who looked exhausted, yet happy. When I'm exhausted, I'm a moody person who doesn't want to be disturbed. 

"Geezs, you gave my a heart attack, there was no need to do that," I stated with some anger in my voice. 

"Sorry darling, didn't mean to scare you, but congratulation on winning," he said, kissing my forehead and making me blush a peach color. 

"Merci mon soleil," I smiled, which made him frown and me to laugh, "it means thank you my sunshine."

He brightened up and peck my face full of kisses five times before pulling away and sitting on the floor. I massaged my shoulder a bit to get the knots out, but didn't succeed and just left myself to suffer in pain. My water got cold and I stepped out before getting handed my towel and I smiled in return as a 'thank you' to Colton, who smiled back and I heard the door slam open and saw Olivia run toward me and death grip me, causing my to lose my balance, but I didn't fall because I was picked up and being yelled at for being wet. I swear I felt my shoulder pop out of place from being held by everyone, but that didn't happen, thankfully. 

"Oh mon petit frère, tu me rends fier (Oh baby brother, you make me proud)," Zoe said making me flustered, I didn't like attention. 

"S'il te plaît, arrête (Please top)," I said, embarrassed, while looking down at my feet, and causing her to smirk and laugh mischievous, which frightened me, and causing my mother to glare at her. 

"We'll let you change, we are off to go see Aunt May, care to come?" My father questioned, he knew I didn't like family bonding and how Cole was with me, I wasn't ready to introduce him to everyone else. I shook my head and told them to go without me, I still had yet to get food. 

I sat on the bench, drying my hair the best I could before stepping out the warmish, cold building, into chilly night air. 

"Is this what you wear to work?" Cole questioned, taking my towel and folding it into my bag.

"Yes, I have to dress professional in front of thousands of patients I see," I said, looking down at my black skinny jeans and buttoned up black shirt, it was hard for me to have normal clothes since all of mine were formal. 

"Well I find it hot," he complimented me with that casual smirk. 

Hours have passed and I was dead from today.

"Did you guys win?" I asked as I changed into a comfy basic shirt and turning around to Cole, who looked up from his phone, towards me, and nodding. 

He had to sleep in my room since one of his mates was using his room with his girlfriend, don't want to know what they were doing.

I slid into my covers and curled up into a ball, before closing my eyes, I saw the lights being turned off and Cole holding me close to his side and sighing out loud and relaxing against me. 

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" He questioned, as I listened to the soothing sound of his heart.

I mumbled something that I didn't know, but something along the line of 'you choose', causing him to laugh slightly and feeling his lips on my head before I drifted off to sleep. 

Authors Note: HEYO! I just wanted to say I'm sorry this chapter was late, I've been stressed out that has caused me to break down, I'm fine now. Thank you for reading and voting, it means a lot to me, I hope you guys are awesome, if you're down, chat with and I will comfort you back into happiness. :)