Chapter 24

Song: Know Who You Are by Velkonz

I waited for Coleton to grab his luggage at the waiting zone, I was leaning against the pillar and texting Zoe that we landed and should be there in an hour. 

Cole walked over to me and waited with a smirk.

"What?" I asked, making me confused.

"It's odd celebrating in the sunlight, when I usually did in gloom and snow," Cole commented, making me confused slightly.

I gestured for him to follow me to the parking lot, I still had my first standard car here, so I asked Zoe to bring it instead of them picking us up, I had to make a stop to get one last present that could only get bought here.

Grabbing my car keys and twirling them around, we reached my black slick vehicle, unlocking the hatch, and putting my bag in, Cole looked at me, as if saying 'wtf' causing me to laugh and explain the situation.

"I don't leave it here for two years and pay every month for parking, Zoe dropped it off, I have to go get something quick and you get to see the city of Brisbane," I explained, making me slide into the driver, but in America's case, the passenger side, which screwed Cole up a lot.

"Why did you guys design the seating differently?" Cole asked, making me shrug and start to drive onto the highway into downtown.

"Zen! It's so good to see you, how are you?" My aunt asked, as we stepped into a bakery that was ran by my mom's sister, Aunt Holly.

"I'm good aunt, how are you?" I replied, walking up to her and giving her a brief hug.

"Can you help me for a second? Can you put the chocolate chip muffins in the oven while I get your gift you asked me to get," Aunt Holly asked, I nodded and motioned Cole to the back, which he obeyed, and I saw the pan of muffins already battered, but they had to be scooped.

I walked over to a draw and grabbed a portion scoops and walked back over to see Cole observing the freshly made donuts and other baked goodies sitting on the counter, his eyes wide like a child looking at sweets, literally.

"You are able to have one," I spoke, breaking the silence, as I put the tray in the oven and hopping up onto the counter, watching his movement.

He walked over to me, holding a cookie and holding it in front of me, I was about to take a bite when he snatched it back and bit it, I broke a piece off and ate it while walking over to the oven and pulling out the muffins.

"Here you go Zen," I heard Aunt Holly's voice echo through the kitchen, she walked over with a box in her hand, I smiled and thanked her, paying her for the cost of the gift she bought.

"Also, give this to your family, nice to meet you Colton, bye kiddo," Aunt Holly said, handing me a box full of sweets, and headed to the front desk.

"What's that?" Cole questioned, reaching for the boxed gift, but I moved it away from his grasp, telling him it's a present for my dad and that he will see it later.

We arrived at my house and it was still the same as usual, the large backyard with a dock in the back, connecting to the stream that drifted down stream, eventually getting to the city. The huge dark mahogany house shining brightly in the afternoon sun ray. 

"Damn that's a huge house," I heard Cole breathe out.

I smiled at his reaction, "well we are a family of six," I told him, getting out and grabbing our bags and Kiko, we walked to the front and I opened the door to be greeted with no sound.

"Hello?" I called out, getting no response, taking off my shoes and walking to the kitchen to see a note on the island with lunch out.

'Went out to buy food -Zo'

"Where is everyone?" Cole asked, coming up behind me, holding the note in front of him I heard him say 'ahh.'

I walked up the spiral stair case up to the many doors that held bathrooms, storage space and bedrooms. Turning right, I walked to the furthest room and opened the door to my bedroom, the accented dark grey wall, and the other walls were a snowy white. Dropping my back pack onto the floor by my closet, I released Kiko and watched her look around in my room in curiosity. 

"Why is your room so bright?" Cole asked, shielding his eyes from the sun that reflected off my mirror. 

I shrugged and opened the window and climbed out onto the roof.

"Zen, what the hell?" I heard Cole yell out, sticking his head and looking at me.

"I have access to the roof, I always come up here, you can see the city, come up," I gestured him, sticking my hand out to help him up, he took my ice cold hand and hopped up onto the roof, Kiko hopped onto Cole and jumped to my shoulder and sat calmly, all of us observing the calming wind sending the water into ripples and a few people kayaking or some kind of water activity on the ocean, and the beautiful city, called home, glowing beautifully.

"It's gorgeous," I heard Cole mutter out, I smiled and leaned into his side and we stayed like that for some time, before I said we should head in.

We headed down to the living room, waiting for my family to get home and see what they wanted. 

Turning on the tv, we watched some channels that were on, but I didn't focus on the that, I drifted into a slumber as the sun shined on my body while Kiko slept on my chest, and Cole running his hand through my hair.