Chapter 16

Song: My Type by Saint Motel

Overtime.

In any sport where it is tied after the final minute can be stressful, give you anxiety, and fear. Some may have excitement due to redemption of losing before hand. 

I stood up from my seat and left, I couldn't watch this and I had to 'owe' Abby something. I left the game and saw Abby standing by a pillar, glancing up she walked towards me and smiled wickedly, that's not a good sign.

"Hey Zen," she spoke innocently.

"How may I assist you?" I questioned, wanting to get this over and done with.

"You do owe myself and Zoe and we both agreed on something that we would like," she smirked.

"Why do I even owe you? We were fine with Katie with us, but you snatched her," I complained.

"And she was happier with us then you two," she pointed, her small skinny fingers pushing into my chest, causing me to sigh out a small breathe. I motioned her to go on about what I owe.

"Dinner, but there's a twist," she called out. Of course there is a twist, with Abby there's always a twist that was either good or bad.

"Myself, Zoe, Olivia and you, with your hot stuff, we ask him questions that you can't interfere with." And there's the twist, the wicked witch from the west telling me what to do.

"So, basically, I shouldn't come to dinner?" I questioned, tilting my head and looking at her deep, striking emerald, forest eyes.

"You need to come because Colton wouldn't want to be alone with three girls asking him questions without his darling little boyfriend there," she spoke. She sounds so evil, like she's every villain in a superhero movie combined.

"Alright, and please stop saying things like that, it sounds creepy and maniacal, what shows have you been watching to talk like this?" I crossed my arms, leaning on the smooth pillar and hearing noise being made, guess overtime is over.

"Sorry, just my way to make you feel threatened and scared," she apologized, hugging me, she barely hugs any of us, but when she gives hugs, they are the most comfortable thing and makes you forget your problems. I hugged back and felt warm.

"Why did you leave at overtime?" Cole questioned, placing his hat on backwards as per usual.

"Abby had to talk to me about something and she doesn't like noise, so she texted me to meet her outside and talk," I mumbled, rubbing my right arm and looking at his true blue shade eyes that held sorrow.

"Oh, sorry for sounding rude. What did she want anyways?" He asked, leading the way back to the night winter atmosphere.

"You remember last night how I owed them something? We have to go out for dinner with the three of them and they are going to ask you questions where I can't interfere," I spoke slowly, taking small steps, slowly, just to savour my last freedom of speech.

"I don't know how I feel about this, but I'm intrigued," he smirked, lifting me up and walking fast.

"I have feet, and I would like to use them! And you don't know where we are eating!" I screamed quietly, before being set down onto my feet.

"So Colton, I assume Zander here told you what we are going to do, am I correct?" Olivia smirked, her dimples showing.

He nodded before drinking his soda and me drawing rings around my cup of tea, feeling the steam hit my shaking fingers, my only warmth to keep me warm.