H. Wedding Planning

So it's has been a couple of months since I had Samara. Samara is 3 months old. She is so big. Sean and I have decided that we would have the wedding in June. Since that was around the time we got engaged. So I have about 4 months. I am excited. I already have my dress picked out and fitted. Right after Samara was born, I went and got the dress I desired. The only other things I have to worry about is the guest list, the church, and the bridesmaids dresses. My bridesmaids are Lyric, Symphony, Frankie, and Shavonne. My flower girl is Mickaelah. And the boys are the ring bearers.

Looking for Dresses:

Today all my bridesmaids are here. My wedding colors are royal blue, white, and yellow. So we're on a hunt for royal blue dresses for the girls to wear. As we pull up to the store, I notice that Lyric is on her phone. Between the consistent texting and phone calls, she has been busy lately. We head inside the store and we search for dresses. As soon as I can't find Lyric, I just follow her voice. She is sitting and talking on the phone. I ask her who she is talking to and she begins to tell me. Come to find out, she is talking to Sean's friend, Amari. They have been talking since my gender reveal. They had been eyeing each other the whole night and at the end, they got each other's numbers. She says in 6 months, she has learned a lot about him and they are very serious. He's been around a little more but I thought just to see the baby. But I guess not. In no way, shape, or form am I upset because she deserves a good man. Symphony had been through so much with her previous relationships but now that her and Khalid have been together, who knows what can happen. Just hope that they can both be truly happy.

After I finish getting the tea from Lyric, I hug her and drag her to the back and gives her some dresses to try on. I want all my bridesmaids to have different dresses. They get to choose what they like best for themselves. After all of them have chosen, we set a date to get them finally fitted. We head to eat and continue shopping for the day.

The Church:

When I was younger, my mom used to take us to an Apostolic Holiness church in Philly. That church was the church I went to before moving to New York then back to Philly and now to Atlanta. Since Philly is the city of love, I decided that I would return back there for my wedding. So my wedding is in Philly. Easy access for my friends to be there and would be easier for me to be comfortable. I have a surprise for my mom as well. She will be singing at my wedding. Since young, her voice has been beautiful so I would love for her to serenade me on my wedding day. I grab the phone and dial Pastor Heriston. I let him know that I am getting married soon and would love if he could officiate my wedding. Of course, he says yes and has to talk with us before the big day but that will be no problem and then he can see the new baby as well. Do the church is set.

The Reception:

I ask my sisters along with Frankie and Shavonne to search for a place to have my reception. Since Frankie and Shavonne are my maids of honor, I take it that with the help of my sisters of what I want, they will do just great. They pick out a place called Just Lovely. It is a big hall that can hold about 500 people at a time. When the time comes to see it, I fall in love instantly. Everything is so beautiful and I am overwhelmed. The day was set for my wedding day. Booked and secured.

..................................................................................

It is 2 weeks before my wedding. Time has flown by. They have been working hard to please me even though I have been bridezilla. My first marriage was the worst but this one will not be the same way. Samara is bigger now and 7 months. Sean has been a big help. I mean, he takes great care of her and he literally helps in any way he can. The kids have been doing really well in school and 1st grade isn't bad for them. They love it.

Today the girls have gotten some of our friends together for a bridal shower. It was the furthest thing from my mind. I hadn't thought about it because all I was worried about was my wedding. I wanted everything to be perfect for my big day when I married the love of my life. But as usual, they flew out my grandmother and a couple of other friends from Philly to be here today to celebrate. It wasn't much but I enjoyed myself and the gifts were great. My mom, grandma and aunts sat around and talked with me about marriage even though I already knew what goes on in one. BUT this one was different because this one was done with God and would be sanctioned by love, happiness, trust and full security of my heart. When the night was over, I was so glad to get in my bed and just sleep in my soon to be husband's arms. I couldn't wait to be Mrs. Sean Kemble. It was all happening too fast but I was ready.

..................................................................................

Those two weeks came and went. It was two days until my wedding. Everything was in place. The only thing left to do was get on these flights to Philly. I had my dress designer carry my dress with her as she boarded, making sure to not dirty it or anything. She did a good job with keeping it safe. I had everything I needed. The kids, especially the boys, had to be checked so that I could make sure nothing wasn't out of place and they had everything they needed. Mickaelah was good. The dress she was wearing and everything was set. Once everyone had boarded the plane, a lot of other passengers congratulated me since they saw all the extra added things and questions were asked. I was just ready to be back in my city. Once we landed, everyone hopped in their Ubers to the hotel. Rooms were booked so everyone had a place to sleep. I had to get my hair done and set for tomorrow. Tomorrow was the big day. My nails were done and my dress fit. I was so excited for everything. After tomorrow, I would officially be Mrs. Sean Kemble. Omggggggg!!! Eeeeeeekkkkk! Can't believe itttttt!