Day Ten Part One

Harry woke up much later than he usually did, barely having enough time to throw on a clean robe and make it down to the hall five minutes before breakfast was over.

The Day 10 present was already on the table, right in front of Hexa and Draco's plates, who were chatting happily over bacon, eggs, sausages, and blueberry muffins.

They seemed to be pretending that it wasn't there, but when Harry got close enough, he realized that they were actually discussing what the three remaining presents of Harry's could possibly be.

(A/N For the moment, I'm picturing it as Hexa trying to guess and Draco telling her some random things to get her thinking about what it could be; she doesn't want to know what they actually are because she likes being surprised too. "It's the whole fun in it," she'd say. Also if Harry walked in without them noticing, they didn't want to accidentally say what would actually be his next presents. And when I wrote it, I had originally written Abigail in, and of course she doesn't know that the person sending the stuff is Draco, so he was playing it off. Then I remembered the agreement that she couldn't sit with them at breakfast and had to change a few things. . . Sorry for the long A/N I'll stop now.)

"Perhaps there'll be something to help him clean up faster," Draco was saying. "This admirer seems particularly keen about getting him things that can help him, or that care for his well being, and you can tell Harry isn't the best at figuring out the purpose of soap----Ah, Harry, good, I was expecting you to miss breakfast completely. Hurry or it'll disappear before you've eaten a single bite."

"I see you're talkative this morning," he said as he sat down across from Hexa and Draco. "And I protest that soap comment, by the way."

Harry put food on his plate, loading it up high.

"You know you won't be able to eat all of that before it goes away," Hexa said, picking up another blueberry muffin and taking a small bite out of it.

"I'm gonna try," he said, reaching for the present.

"I suggest you eat first; the present won't go away, but----"

Harry glared accusingly and dissapointedly at the now bare table. "It could've left my plate at least. . ," he grumbled.

Hexa giggled a bit behind the hand that wasn't holding the muffin.

"Since you can't eat, open the gift," Draco suggested, unsympathetic about the loss of breakfast for the Gryffindor.

"The suspense has been killing us all morning," Hexa added.

"But. . . I'm hungry. . ," Harry mumbled, mostly to himself.

Hexa smiled, rolled her eyes, and tossed him the almost untouched muffin she still had. "Here," she said.

His face brightened and he shot her an appreciative smile.

"You've got food now, so you can stop being such a Ron and open your present," Draco said exasperatedly as Harry ate half the muffin in a single bite.

"Fine, fine."

He pulled on the wrapping paper that had the elegantly scrawled number 10 on it, ripping it as best he could with one hand until he'd eaten the other half of the blueberry muffin.

"What's this?" he wondered aloud as he picked up a jar that was made of a frosty glass. It had a typical cookie-jar look, and was probably about the size of his face.

He pulled off the lid and looked inside, where as many fortune cookies, complete with the little rolled up parchments inside, as could be packed in there without them breaking were.