When Everyone Comes Back From Break (Basically Reactions)

Hexa and Abigail were holding hands. So were Draco and Harry. Deven and Zack were waiting at the castle.

They were in Hogsmeade, standing on tip-toes and waiting to see the train come into view.

"I hear it!" Hexa said, and they all looked even harder into the distance. Thirty seconds later, it came into view.

"There it is, there it is!" Abigail said, pointing.

She had been talking Hexa's ear off all day about how excited she was to see Shay and Chloe, and tell them about her and Hexa.

"They'll be happy for us," she'd promised.

But Hexa wasn't so sure. The other two roommates had never really liked her, and they obviously didn't even know that Abigail was lesbian.

Draco was having similar thoughts about him and Harry---they'd been arch-rivals for all their time at Hogwarts; the other Gryffindors probably wouldn't accept him after all that. Well, other than Ron and Hermione, who knew beforehand that they were friends, and through Harry's constant letters, also knew that they were dating by now, and made it clear that they were fine with it. But everyone else. . .

They didn't have a clue. About anything. They didn't even know they were friends first.

But then the train was right in front of him, and he clutched Harry's hand so hard with his pale, cool, slender fingers that he was sure he was cutting off blood circulation.

Harry must have noticed (Because how could he have not? Draco reprimanded himself), and he squeezed back reassuringly.

"It'll be fine," he promised.

The same exact thing happened with Hexa and Abigail.

Abigail laughed. "Hexa, that's my writing hand, I can't afford to cut off the blood circulation to it," she said.

"I'm sorry. . . just. . ."

"I know you're nervous, but it's okay. Everything will work itself out."

"Yes but. . . I have to wonder how long that'll take. . ."

"It's going to be fine. Trust me, I'll make sure of it."

And then students started piling off the train, happily chattering and a few coming over to stand with the friends that had stayed behind during break.

Ron and Hermione ran over when they spotted Harry and Draco. Hexa and Abigail were standing half behind them.

Hermione hugged Harry, and when she wouldn't let go he laughed. "Hermione, come on, I need to breathe!"

Finally she let go.

"Hey, guys," Harry said, grinning madly.

"I'm really happy for you two," was Hermione's response.

"Hey, mate. And uh, congrats," Ron added when Hermione elbowed him.

"Hexa and Abigail? They're here, aren't they? I'd really like to meet them!" Hermione said.

"Yeah, they're right. . ." Harry trailed off, realizing the girls had gone farther down the platform to meet with their roommates.

Harry had already told Ron and Hermione through emails that they were girlfriends now, and Hermione was really excited to meet them, and was extremely happy for the two. He'd also included how nervous Hexa was growing about her roommates' reactions to her and Abigail dating, since, you know, they'd never really liked her before.

"Better give them a minute," Draco decided. The others nodded in agreement.

"Hey guys!" Abigail waved, spotting Shay and Chloe, and she ran over to them, pulling Hexa gently by the hand behind her.