1.2

After that day, a rumor went around the entire General's residence that Zi Wu Han lost Lin Xi's favor. Lin Xi even generously decided to transfer Zi Wu Han to Lin Yu's residence, but was rejected immediately.

Zi Wu Han recalled that day when Lin Xi finished his bath. His hair was damp and not fully dry. A few drops of water slid down onto his clavicle and continued down his clothes. Zi Wu Han was conflicted when looking at his young master and was about to dry his hair when Lin Xi asked Lei Yi to do it instead.

When Zi Wu Han saw Lei Yi touch Lin Xi's silky hair, his heart ached. For the past ten years, he had been taking care of Lin Xi. He also refused to allow anyone else touch his hair other than Zi Wu Han.

While he was in a daze, Lin Xi asked, "Zi Wu Han, would you like to be a servant at my younger brother, Lin Yu's residence?"

Lin Xi decided to kindly allow Zi Wu Han and Lin Yu to pair up because the protagonist never harmed the original owner and it was the General's scheme to use Lin Yu to replace the crown prince. Keeping Zi Wu Han alive would put the original owner at peace in his grave. Since Chen Bai killed the previous owner, Lin Xi will not be so lenient.

Although Zi Wu Han should have been happy, he didn't feel anything but anguish. He felt like he was losing something important to him - something that was his and no one else's.

"This servant wants to serve under young master."

Lin Xi expressionless stares at him. "En" (means okay)

Lin Xi: Hey System, I thought Zi Wu Han was in love with Lin Yu.

System 1314: According to the plot, you have not bullied Lin Yu to the point where Zi Wu Han is infatuated with Lin Yu.

—————

One day when Zi Wu Han entered Lin Xi's residence, he overheard the maids whispering.

"These days young master has changed. He smiles and greets all the servant."

"Yea! He doesn't bully second young master either."

"Recently, Zi Wu Han hasn't been by young master's side. Now, Lei Yi is stuck onto his side."

"Just like the phrase, 'out with the old, in with the new' Zi Wu Han was thrown away and replaced."

As the maids continue to gossip, Zi Wu Han's face burned with jealous and anger. In the past, he wouldn't have cared, but now he hated seeing Lei Yi together with Lin Xi. He seriously regretted focusing on Lin Yu so much.

At the same time, Lin Xi decided to visit Lin Yu's residence in order to chase away the annoying childhood friend, Chen Bai. He needed to improve Lin Yu and Zi Wu Han's relationship.

When Lin Yu noticed Lin Xi approaching, he called out, "Big Brother, what are you doing here." Recently, his big brother has been visiting and bringing snacks to his residence as they chatted.

"Xiao Yu, how are you doing? Why are you hanging out with the neighborhood dog?" Lin Xi mocked Chen Bai as he replied to Lin Yu.

"Young master Lin, I am not a dog!" Chen Bai barked back.

Before Lin Xi answered with a snarky response, Lin Yu stopped the fight.

"Big Brother, Chen Bai was teaching me history"

"I could-" Before he could answer, a voice interrupted.

"Young master, what are you doing out here? You're only wearing a thin layer of clothing. You can catch a cold." Zi Wu Han nagged as he put a fur coat over his shoulder. He also glared at Lei Yi trailing behind Lin Xi.

Lei Yi noticed a murderously intent and was frightened by Zi Wu Han's stare.

Lin Xi hasn't noticed anything amiss and only thought of breaking up Lin Yu and Chen Bai.

Perfect. Zi Wu Han, your lover is being snatched by that dog. Quickly beat him up!

Lin Xi smiled and urged Zi Wu Han with his eyes, but sadly he didn't get the message. If they knew what he was thinking, they would vomit right then and there.

Eventually, Lin Xi was dragged back by Zi Wu Han. When he saw that table full of food, he almost drooled. He wiped his mouth look up at Zi Wu Han asking, "What's the occasion for a feast?"

He smiled replying, "The chef is trying out new dishes. Try them."

"Don't mind if I do." Lin Xi quickly devoured the meat and avoided the vegetables.

Zi Wu Han noticed and frowned, "Young master, you need to eat your vegetables. They're good for you."

"No, I don't like them." Lin Xi rejected and ignored him. Zi Wu Han began to think of a plan to make him eat vegetables.

Ever since that day, Lin Xi haven't seen any greens in his meals. He happily ate as Zi Wu Han grinned on the sidelines. Lei Yi shook his head at this scene. Lin Xi was eating noodles that had lettuce infused in it which Zi Wu Han secretly added. All the meat in front of him had some type of vegetable added to it. Lei Yi was impressed on Zi Wu Han's effort but sadly, young master didn't notice any of it.