A Day To Remember: Chances (B)

A Day Of Chances

LOCATION: AVNI'S APARTMENT

Neil - so ....

Avni - so?

Neil – so, how have you been?

Avni – is that what you wanted to talk to me about?

Neil – no, but it was one of the things I wanted to ask you about.

After getting into Avni's apartment, we sat in the sitting area of her apartment.

At first it was awkward with the both of us just sitting, but then I decided to break the ice, so I ask her how she was.

I know with the way she answered she was annoyed but I didn't really cared at that time, I was just happy and tongue tied that she is sitting in front of me willing to talk things out.

Seeing as there is no easy way to go with the conversation that is sure to happen, I just jumped in with what I wanted to say.

Neil – why did you run out on me that day like that?

Avni – when?

She tried to play innocent with me.

Neil – when I asked you to be my girlfriend. Why did you react the way you did?

Avni – look Neil, if that is what you wanted to talk to me about then you should just forget it because I am not giving you any answers. And about being your girlfriend, I just don't want to be.

Neil – Avni, I think I know you enough to know when you are lying and when you are saying the truth. I am not being cocky but I know for sure that you feel something for me and want to be in a relationship with me, it's just something that is holding you back and I want to know what that thing is.

Avni – look Neil, you can't just go about assuming things. I have already told you that I don't want to have anything to do with you and that I don't feel anything for you.

Neil – that's bullshit Avni and you know that. If it was just about having a relationship with me you wouldn't have reacted the way you did that night at my apartment and if you really didn't want to have anything to do with me you wouldn't have been sitting here with me right now. I know you Avni, so don't lie to me.

Avni – stop reading too much into the things I do Neil, I am here only because I felt bad for letting you stand outside for so many hours.

Neil – you don't feel bad about things you do to people you supposedly hate Avni.

She sigh when I said that, I think I was finally able to communicate that I will not leave without answers from her to her.

Avni – Neil....

Neil – I just want to know Avni. I feel I deserve a little bit of clearance on things Avni. Before anything else, we are friends, best friends even. For that sake of that friendship we share or once shared please tell me what is going on?

Avni – you won't understand Neil, so just leave it.

Neil – try me.

Avni – please Neil.

Neil – just tell me.

Avni – please don't make me Neil.

Neil – I am asking for just that much Avni, please.