33. Alexa

His lips crashed into mine and when two galaxies collide, there's bound to be an explosion. My whole body froze. For a split second, my body took control. My hands made their way up to his cheek and jawline. He moved to kiss me at a better angle and for a moment, I melted.

I felt the bones on my back filling out. He pushed all his love into me, into the space broken pieces of me.

My brain exploded first. Common sense kicked in and I yanked my head away. I could feel my face turning bright red, my eyelashes and brows distorting my image of him. "What the fuck?" The first sparks of the explosion flew out of my mouth.

Alex's face twisted in confusion, his hand still poised to hold me close, hold me prisoner.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

He finally dropped his hand back down to the couch. "I... I thought-"

"You thought what?" My voice was rising. "You thought that you'd kiss me and I'd fucking fall in love with you suddenly?"

"Y-Your wings... Alexa, I-I gave you feathers. I-"

Again, I cut him off. My arm flew back and yanked a clump of feathers off of my wings with a painful rip. "Take your fucking feathers, Alexander! I don't want them! I don't want you!"

Darlien ran into the room then. "Alexa? Jesus Christ, what's going on?" She rushed to Alexander's side as I stood up. "What happened?"

"Fuck it." I grumbled. "Nothing. I'm leaving. I got my fucking weed. I'm leaving." I grabbed my bag off of the table. "Call me when he goes home," I yelled. "Or don't. I don't give a damn."

I didn't turn to look back at him.

I didn't want either of them to see the tears streaming down my cheeks.