Chapter 10

Isang malaking itim na gate ang sumalubong kay Alyssa pagkagising niya. She was sitting in the passenger seat of Anton's black Mercedes-AMG G63. Madaling araw sila umalis sa hacienda kaya medyo naging mabilis ang byahe nila. It was just 9AM now.

The gate was electronic dahil nagbukas ito ng sarili nito. And when it opened, she was greeted by a black and white, modern mansion na may napakalaking pool sa harapan. The car drove over the driveway and into an underground pathway going to the basement parking kung saan napakaraming kotseng nakahilera. Luxury cars mostly.

"I-ito ang bahay mo?" tanong niya ng makapark ito.

"And the mute finally spoke up." Tahimik kasi siya buong araw kahapon at kaninang byahe nila. Galit pa rin siya dito dahil parang ito na ang nagpapatakbo ng buhay niya ngayon. She felt like she's being owned.

Shocked?" he asked amusingly.

"I... well, if you're this rich, I wonder what you need the hacienda for." Her eyes raked over all the other luxury cars parked beside them. He got out and went to her side to open the door for her.

"I told you, it's business," he answered and guided her into an elevator. He pressed the up button.

"No wonder you would want to be here three days a week. You have a really nice house," she commented.

"Thanks." The elevator opened and they both went in. He pressed number 3. The house reaches up to 4th floor.

She's always known he was rich but not this megarich. They're in Manila for goodness' sake. Houses here would cost more than in the province. So are lands.

"Now, are you talking to me again, little brat?" he asked.

She sighed and faced him. "You know I don't like being ruled over. And now what? Anong gagawin ko dito sa bahay mo? I'll be bored to death. Kung nasa hacienda ako, pwede akong maglakad lakad o mangabayo."

"And be with Thomas? No way. I have a spa at the second floor. You can relax there." The elevator door opened. It was a huge living area. They crossed through it and he opened another door. It's his room judging from the manly furniture inside.

"You have a spa?" she asked, open-mouthed.

"This will be our room. You'll sleep here with me."

"What?"

He removed his jacket and threw it over the accent chair near his bed. "I want you here so I can see to your needs lalo na't hindi pa masyadong magaling yang paa mo."

"But I can walk properly now compared to yesterday."

Tumango ito. "But I still need to look after you. I'll just take a shower." And he went to a door leading to the comfort room.

She felt like she's in a hotel. All the furniture were in black and white. She sat at the edge of the bed. Then, opened her phone. She dialled her best friend's number. Three rings and she answered.

"Alyssa?"

"Hello, Polly!!" masayang bati niya dito.

"Girl, napatawag ka! Ano ng balita?" Huli silang nagkita ay ng ilibing ang mga magulang niya.

"We have to see each other. I'm in Manila now."

"You are?"

"Yes."

"Oh my gosh!" her friend squealed. "Nasaang hotel ka? Pupuntahan kita."

"No need. I... I have a home here."

"You bought a condo?"

"No, I'll explain later. Let's meet in our usual coffee shop."

"Surely, my dear friend. I'll see you there. Is 5pm okay?"

"Definitely. Bye!"

"Bye!"

She needs her best friend now to gain a better perspective on things.

***

Umalis na si Anton pagkaligo. Papunta daw itong opisina. He told her to just stay at home and relax. Ipinakilala siya nito sa mga katiwala at driver sa bahay bilang fiancée nito.

She made good use of his indoor spa. Nagpa-massage sya, nagpa-facial at nagpawax ng buong katawan. God, she never felt this beautiful and relaxed overall! Mga ala una y media na ng matapos ang buong sessions niya.

Kumain muna siya ng tanghalian bago kulitin si Mang Berto, ang caretaker ng parking basement.

"Mang Berto, saan ho nakatago ang mga susi ng sasakyan dito?" she asked.

Naguluhan si Mang Berto sa tanong niya. "Aalis po kayo, Ma'am? Ihahatid ko na po kayo."

Umiling siya. "N-No. Kaya ko pong magdrive. I just need to borrow one car."

"Alam po ba ni Sir na aalis kayo?"

Umiling siya. "Huwag 'nyo sana akong isusumbong. I'll be back naman kagad."

"Pero ma'am kabilin-bilinan ni Sir- "

"Mang Berto, please. I'll be really fast lang." She gave him her sweetest smile at napapayag niya ito. Pinahiram nito sa kanya ang isang pulang Maserati ng amo nito.

Oh-oh she's in for the best ride of her life! She smiled from ear to ear.

***

Super duper appreciate the people adding this story in their reading list! Thank youuuu! VOTE and COMMENT now!!