Chapter 14

Chapter 13 is hidden due to private content. Follow me and refresh your app if you want to read it. ;)

They were already eating breakfast in the dining area. Hashbrowns, bacon, eggs and pancakes were served before them. Alyssa never felt this hungry her entire life. Hindi niya alam kung bakit pakiramdam ng katawan niya ay pagod na pagod siya. Is it the effect of sex? Which they did thrice this morning.

"You look extremely well today, my love," Anton commented.

"Not because we had sex, I've forgiven you." She sliced her hash brown and put some in her mouth.

"But it doesn't change the fact that we had sex," he declared, smiling, and put some bacon on her plate. "Eat more. I think you're famished."

She glared at him hard. "Can you just please fucking shut up?" She was annoyed at him now for rubbing it on her face over and over again that she has given her virginity to him and him alone. But the question still lingers in her mind. Why does she feel like he's hiding something from her?

"Well, since I'm feeling great and upbeat today, I want to make it up to you, babe. I know I've... hurt your feelings last night. I'm sorry." He clasped her right hand over the table. "I really am. Now, I wanna take you out. We can have lunch outside, watch a movie or do ice skating. Whatever you prefer."

She pulled her hand back but he was quick to grasp it tighter. "I like long drives and roadtrips," she said.

He smiled and nodded. "Alright, we can do that. Pack an overnight bag," he ordered and winked at her. "And a swimsuit perhaps?"

***

She still has no idea where they're going. She's not sitting at the passenger seat of his Jeep while they traverse the expressway going south. It has been an hour now and it looks like they're going somewhere far.

Music was blasting loudly from his stereo while he drove carelessly going beyong the speed limit of the highway.

Green grass and tall trees surround the border of the highway. No matter how beautiful the city is, she still has a heart for the suburbs. She grew up in the province and will always prefer life there.

"Where are we going?" she asked and opened her window side. The air coming in whipped her long hair away. It felt really good.

"On a roadtrip."

"We are on a roadtrip now, Anton," she said impatiently. "Come on, spill." She glanced at the side mirror and saw a black car behind them. She's noticed that car behind them also an hour ago in Manila.

He overtook a car in front of them. "I have a house in Tagaytay. We can chill in there tonight. And maybe... have some fun, you, know, by the fireplace," he suggested, winking at her after.

"Ha-ha, very funny," she commented while still looking at her side mirror at the car that seemed to be following them. It also overtook the same car Anton overtook. "Anton?"

"Hmm?" He grabbed her left hand.

"I think we're being followed."

He glanced quickly at the rearview mirror. "Oh."

"Can you lose them? I think they've been following us since Manila."

He held her hand tighter. "That's my security."

She turned to him quickly. "What? You have security?"

"Well, you're not supposed to notice them around. They keep their distance."

"But they will be with us?" She checked her side mirror again.

"You'll hardly notice them, babe."

"Why do we need one?"

He breathed deeply then let her hand go. "I just think we do."

"Because you're a billionaire? Do you have enemies?"

"No," he answered, being serious now.

"Then why do we need one?"

"Less questions, please."

"Then, answer me if you want me to shut up," she bursted. He really is hiding something from her, she can feel it.

He quickly threw her a glance then drove faster. He dialled a number on his car screen to call someone.

"Sir?" a thick voice answered.

"Can you please stay two cars away from us?" Anton requested.

"Yes, sir. Copy."

"Thanks," and he ended the call. "Is it better now?" he asked her.

"You still didn't answer my question."

"I just want to be extra careful, okay? I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"Why will something bad happen to me?"

"I just can't lose you, okay?" he said, eyes pleading for her to just let the topic go.

She sulked on her seat and remained quiet for the rest of the ride.

***

The cottage house was still big. It was purely made with dark lumber giving that true-blue vacation feels. A huge pool was located at the back among fig trees.

She dumped her bag on the couch near the fireplace. Everything looked so cozy inside.

"Coffee and lunch has been prepared for us," he announced.

"I'm not hungry. I'll just go checkout the entire place."

"I can come with you," he offered and took her hand. "You should see the library. It's my pride and joy."

"Where will our security sleep? And how many are they?"

"You need not worry about that." He faced her and cupped her face. "I want to be honest to you but I don't feel like you're ready to hear me out yet."

"Hear you out about what?"

He shook his head no. "That's a story for another day. I just want us to enjoy today. I wanna make it up to you, babe. I knew I was such an ass last night. I'm sorry. I want us to be able to talk and just... cuddle today." And he smiled that little-boy smile again which melted her heart a little.

She didn't let her emotions show though. She remained stoic before him.

"I'm sorry I hurt your feelings."

She punched him lightly on the chest. "You did! How could you just shove it in my face that I owe you everything now? Even my life?"

And he pulled her closer for a hug. "I owe you everything now. You are my life," he whispered.

She stiffened after hearing him say that. Her heart bit faster. She was hoping to hear him say he loves her. That would confirm everything.

"And if anything bad happens to you, your father will kill me."

And just like that, her hopes came crashing back down again. She was just his responsibility after all. A mission, perhaps.

"I have a strawberry farm. You wanna check it out?" he asked, hopeful.

"Of course you do. What don't you have, Mr. Olivares?" she mockingly asked.

***

VOTE AND COMMENT NA!! <3

Ang hindi magvo-vote, tigang forever LOL