Tom Holland|Science School Part 1

A/N: This might have multiple parts if enough people want it. I loved reading an article about tom going to school in NYC

Prompt: Tom goes to Bronx High School of Science and falls for (Y/n). Tom Holland is 19 yrs old.

Warnings: cool high school kidz, swearing

Word count: 2028

[ Underlined = American slang ]

***

"And here's your ID card," Arun handed Tom his ID card that allowed Tom access into the high school. "Now don't lose it, you need it to get in," Arun added, gazing at Tom's new schedule for the few weeks he would be attending the school. 

Arun, a high school student, was approached a week ago by Marvel to shadow Tom in the Bronx High School of Science in New York. Of course, he said yes, being a big Marvel fan, but it was going to be a challenge to show Tom everything in the limited amount of time they had at the school.

"And just remember your American accent. And your father is in the military, so that's why you didn't do the entrance exam," Arun reminded Tom for the second time, causing Tom to nod in agreement.

"Yeah, yeah. I totally got this. I'll fit right in," Tom smoothly reassured with his almost-perfect American accent, swiping the ID card to get into the high school. Suddenly, the alarms blared in the hallways, causing students and teachers to glare at the two boys.

"So much for fitting in," Arun mumbled under his breath, waiting for a teacher to come by an excuse them. While the duo was awkwardly stood by the entrance, Tom's chocolate eyes made contact with another student for a second too long.

She was oddly intriguing, wearing the school sweater and comfortable jeans. She began giggling with her friend as she kept contact with Tom for a second longer. Her (e/c) glimpsed deeply into Tom's deep brown eyes for a blissful moment. 

Their connection was shortlived as her teacher began yelling at the students to go back inside their classrooms. (Y/n)'s eyes then shifted onto her friends as their teacher escorted the students back inside as the alarms stopped screaming. 

Tom shook it off the dazed look he wore on his face, trying to remember the reason he was there. He would probably never see the girl again, so he began to give himself a lecture. Preparing for his lifetime role was no joking matter, and he couldn't afford to be distracted anything ― or anyone.

Come on Tom. You've got to focus. Besides, she's probably younger than me. This is for work, not for messing around. This is your second chance to actually be cool in high school. 

_

"So the final name is 4-isopropyl-5,6,6-trimethlydecane. You all see where I got that?" The chemistry teacher asked the class as she reviewed their notes. The students nodded tiredly, jotting down notes as she spoke.

Tom was entirely lost, trying to scribble down everything frantically, yet not retaining a single thing. He was dedicated to trying to become Peter Parker, but he forgot how hard chemistry was, even though he only took it a few years ago. 

"Dude, don't worry. The notes are online," the girl next to him whispered softly, causing Tom to turn his head to face her.

It was the student he noticed from the hallway who caught his eye while the alarms blared off in the hallways and in his head. She adjusted her large glasses to view the intriguing brunette beside her.