Found it

"Arthur! Have you seen the TV remote?" Merlin's voice rained throughout their flat. 

"No, you were the last one to use it," Arthur answered from where he was cooking dinner in the kitchen. 

"Where the bloody hell did I put it?" Merlin mumbled to himself as he got down on all fours to look under the couch. Finding nothing he started to tare apart the couch. Digging under the cushions until he felt his hand it something solid. Grabbing ahold of it, he pulled it out from the depths of their couch, to find himself holding a small black box. 

"Arthur, can you come here?" Merlin's voice was shaky as he spoke, trying so hard not to freak out. 

"You come to me, I'm kind of busy." Arthur called back.

"No, I really need you to come to me." Merlin said, knowing his legs would be too shaky to stand up. He heard Arthur release a groan then his heavy footsteps as he entered the living room. 

"What the hell do you-" Arthur's voice cut out as he saw what Merlin was holding. 

"I was looking for the remote and umm.... yeah." Merlin met Arthur's eyes nervously, biting his bottom lip. 

"That is not the remote." Arthur said as he sank down onto the floor next to Merlin. 

"Nope." Merlin said popping the "p". 

"I can explain." 

"Please, do." 

"It was the only place I could think of putting it where you won't find it, and now I know that even that was wrong." Arthur said while nervously playing with his hands. 

"Is that why you're making me dinner and brought me flowers?" 

"Yep." Arthur answered looking up at him with impossibly big eyes.

"Yes." Merlin all of a sudden said with a giggle. 

"What?" Arthur looked at him with a frown. 

"Yes." Merlin answered again gesturing to the box. 

"I haven't even asked you anything." 

"I don't care, it's a yes. Always has been and always will be. Yes."  Merlin said crawling into Arthur's lap. He took Arthur's hand and gave him the box, "Ask me." 

Arthur took a deep breath in, looking into Merlin's golden blue eyes, " Merlin, will you marry me?"  He asked opening the box to show the golden band with a line of rubies. 

"Yes! God, yes." Merlin answered before crashing his lips to Arthur's. Merlin pulled back giggling, "Put it on." He said giving Arthur his hand. Gentling Arthur slid the band onto Merlin's ring finger. 

Arthur leaned his forehead against Merlin's " I love you." he whispered. 

Merlin smiled, "Love you more." 

-The End