Nap Time

A KID FIC!! Personly kid fics are my favorite. There is just a sweet innocence in them. Anyway, enjoy.

It started when Merlin had forgotten his favorite dragon stuffed animal at home, he was a crying mess. His teacher Ms. Penny had tried everything to calm him down; from giving him another stuffed animal to letting him pick the lullaby. Nothing could calm Merlin down, that was until Arthur stepped in. 

"Ms.Penny, can I please talk to Merlin alone?" Arthur asked puffing his chest out, his shoulders pulled back trying to make himself look taller. 

"I don't think that's a good idea Arthur. Merlin is very stressed and we don't want to cause him any more stress." Ms. Penny answered, holding Merlin close on her hip as he cried into her shoulder. 

"But Ms.Penny, I am Merls bestest friend in the whole entire universe. I can help him! Only I can help him." Arthur shouted and stomped his foot. 

"Arthur, do not raise your voice at me. If you continue to act out I will put you in a time out." Ms.Penny talked keeping her voice stern. 

"That's not fair!" Arthur yelled his face going red. 

"Arthur, this is your last warning. Do not raise your-" Ms.Penny was cut off when a tear-stained Merlin spoke up.

"Arfur. I want Arfur." Merlin spoke as he turned himself around in Ms.Penny's arms and stuck his hands out towards Arthur. 

Arthur looked up smugly at Ms.Penny, " I told you. Let me see my Merlin." Arthur said sticking his arms out.  After releasing a deep sigh, Ms.Penny let set Merlin back onto the ground. Instantly Merlin went running into Arthur's arms. 

"It's okay Merlin. Tell me what's wrong so I can help you." Arthur said holding the other boy close. 

"Arfur, I forgot Kili. What if he's lost and gone forever?" Merlin asked big, round tears falling from his eyes. 

"Kili isn't lost. Kili told me that he had to go on an adventure. He'll be back when you get home. I promise." Arthur said with a reassuring nod. 

"How do you know?" 

"Cause I'm smart, duh," Arthur said rolling his eyes and pulling at one of Merlin's ears. Arthur likes to tease Merlin about his ears, but he secretly loved them. 

"I can't sleep without him, Arfur," Merlin said his eyes starting to fill with tears again. 

"It's okay, you can sleep with me. Came on." Arthur said lacing their fingers and dragging Merlin over to his cot. Arthur lied down on one half, leaving Merlin the other. Once the boys got comfortable, Arthur pulled Merlin close.

"I'll be your stuff animal," Arthur said with a yawn as started to close his eyes. Merlin just buried his face into Arthur's chest and fell fast asleep. After that day Merlin stopped bring Kili, realizing that Arthur made a much better stuff animal. 

-The End

These keep getting shorter, I'm not liking it. I am struggling with a little bit of writer's block. So if you have any idea or prompts, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send them to me or comment. Anyway, thank you so much for reading these it means the world to me. 

-Maddy