19- dinner with the Keerys♡

Finns POV:

Millie genuinely annoyed me today. It really put me in a bad mood. It was the end of the day now and I was in the car with Joe, on the way home.

"So how was your first day?" He asked.

"Boring." I say.

"That's high school for you, kid." He laughed.

We pulled up at the house and I went straight up to my room. I laid on my bed and fell asleep.

Millie's POV:

It was a really hot day today, so me, Jack, Noah, Maddie and Grace decided to go to the beach. We were all walking there when we spotted Finn, with Joe Keery, the most popular boy in our school, aside from Jacob, my ex.

They were on skate boards, Finn was trying to learn Joe how to do things but by what it looked like he couldn't do it. Finn noticed me and waved a little, I waved back.

That's strange, I thought he hated me. I shrugged it off and carried on walking. We got to the beach and my mom called me.

"Hey honey! Surprise we're coming home tonight!" She said with excitement through the phone.

"Yay! I thought you were coming back in a month or so?" I asked, equally excited.

"Yeah, we were meant to be. We realised we can't leave you at home on your own for that long, so we're going to come back." She said.

"Okay mom." I smiled.

"We will be back around 8pm, im about to get on the plane now, also get ready because we are going round for dinner st the Keery's. they just adopted a new son." She said.

"Okay." I said.

"Okay, see you soon!" She said.

"see you later." I said.

After 1 hour I went home to get ready, I wasn't really going to dress up, my mom didn't tell me to, so It can't be that much of a dressy dinner.

As it was a warm day I put on some of my denim black shorts with a pink polo shirt. I put my white converse on and plaited my hair in Dutch braids. Then the door opened revealing my mom.

I jumped up and hugged her, tightly. She kissed me on the forehead and I smiled, I'm glad to finally have my mum and dad back.

"So, are you ready to go to the Keery's?" She asked.

"Yup." I replied.

We walked across the road to where Mr and Mrs Keery live. They have a son called Steve. Every girl as a crush on him, not me of course. My mum rang the doorbell and about 1 minute later, someone opened the door, that someone just had to be Finn.

"Oh, umm, come in." He said, opening the door widely so we could get in.

"Thank you, sweetie." My mum smiled.

They all went in the living room to Mr and Mrs Keery, but I stayed in the hallway with Finn.

"So is this where you got adopted to?" I ask.

"Yes." He replies bluntly.

"Oh, that's good. They're a nice family." I say, trying to make convocation with him.

"I know." He said.

"Finn, Millie, come on now to the table." Mrs Keery chirped through the kitchen.

We all sat at the table as all the adults decided to talk to me, Finn and Joe.

"So, Finn. How was your first day at school? Are you finding everything alright?" Mr Keery asked Finn.

Finn nodded slowly. "It was okay."

"Do you and Finn talk at school, Millie?" My mum asked.

"We did." I say.

"Oh, really what about?" My dad asked.

"We spoke about a lot of things." I said.

I looked at Finn and he was taking a sip of water.

"Oh, well maybe you could help Finn, Millie. You know Finns not really good at writing or reading so you could help him out with that." Mrs Keery said.

"Oh yeah, Millie. You could help Finn. That's a good idea." My mum said.

"I guess." I said.

This is just great, he hates me so much and I have to help him learn. He probably won't even listen to me.

"We would get Joe to help him, but you know Joe thinks he's too cool for all the big brother stuff." Mrs Keery said, we both laughed a little.

"Hey! That's not true! I'm doing a good job of being your big brother, aren't I Finn?" Joe asked, putting his arm around Finn who was sat next to him.

"Yeah." Finn said, quietly.

Finn is a really shy person, I noticed that.