Chapter VIII

Sunday, June 5, 2016

4 Weeks, 2 Days Left

Dean froze in shock as Cas leaned in to kiss him. He closed his eyes, and could smell the medicine that they had given him. The kiss was short, and then Cas whacked his head against the headboard repeatedly afterwards.

"Stupid. Idiot. Fuck. Why?" He said, pausing after every brief word to hit his head against the headboard.

Dean was a deer in headlights. He blinked repeatedly, trying to make sense of what just happened. Castiel just kissed him. He had no idea that the possibility was even possible.

He tried to make a sound, but all that came out of his mouth was "Uhh. Ehh. Whaaa?" He then proceeded to mentally slap himself.

The whacking noises stopped. "I'm so sorry, Dean." Cas said. His eyes said it all. Beneath the crystal blue was an expression of heartbreak, distress, and regret.

Dean had no idea what to do. He had no idea what to say or do. It was almost as if he was in fight or flight mode.

So, he made the stupidest mistake he could possibly do. Later, he couldn't comprehend what was going in his head. Dean took one long look at Castiel. He was sickly pale and thin, he looked like he was dead. His crystal blue eyes were lifeless and dull, and the creases under his eyes made him look even more exhausted than usual. He knew he would regret this later, but he did it anyway.

He turned around, and walked out the door.

He chose flight.

Monday, June 6, 2016

4 Weeks, 1 Days Left

Dean stared at the wall in his room, just staring and spacing out. It's probably around three, but it's hard to tell time in a windowless room. He kept staring at the wall, spacing out, not doing anything. He wanted to go apologise, but he knew that it wouldn't do any good. He fucked up to the point where he can't fix the fuck up.

Gabriel walked through the door, leaning on the doorframe. "Dean-o. So, what gave you permission to run all over and break little Cassie's heart." The look in his eye made it look like he was ready to kill someone. Hopefully not Dean.

"Gabriel, look-" Dean began to explain.

"Now, are you going to go apologise, or am I going to have to hurt you?" Gabriel asked, cutting Dean off.

"Sam would kill you if you hurt me." Dean protested.

"I would have already if it wasn't for Sam. He thinks you're an asshole for that, by the way." He took the lollipop out of his mouth, twirling in around in his fingers.

"I didn't mean to." Dean defended himself, not looking Gabriel in the eye.

"How would you not mean to do that? Gabriel asked, visibly ticked off. "It looks like to me that you meant to do that."

"I got scared, okay? I didn't know what to do, it's not everyday that your friend wakes up out of a coma and kisses you!"

"Well, you didn't have to leave, did ya?" Gabriel asked.

"No, but..."

"No buts about it, Dean. Now, are you going to apologise or not?" He asked, glaring at Dean

"I will! But he's never going to forgive me, you know?" Dean said.

"Good." And with that, Gabriel got up, and closed the door, leaving Dean alone.