Chapter XII

Sunday, June 12, 2016
3 Weeks, 2 Days Left

Dean layed around Cas' room. It was kind of awkward, to be honest. Even though they agreed to just be friends, there was still some awkwardness surrounding them as they lounged around. Dean fidgeted with the small shard of glass in his hands, the one he picked up from the abandoned church, careful not to cut himself on it.

"So, Cas, what do you want to do?" Dean asked, looking up at Cas. The room was a lot brighter than normal, partially because the curtains were open for once.

"I'm not sure." He replied, not looking away from his laptop, a mostly blank Word document, aside from a sentence or two and a small blinking cursor. He frowned, and closed his laptop, setting it on the nightstand.

Well, that helps, Dean thought. He shrugged and started going through his phone.

A text popped up from Sam. "So, why aren't you two dating yet after that incredible declaration of love?" Dean could almost hear the sarcasm.

"You know about that?" Dean texted back.

"Cas told Gabriel, who told me." Sam replied.

There was a knock on the door a few minutes later, followed by the door opening, with Sam and Gabriel walking inside.

"So, we're here, what should we do?" Gabriel asked as he entered the room, and closed the door, leaning against the wall.

"I honestly don't feel like doing much." Cas admitted, frowning slightly. He was half-asleep, his head against his wrist like a pillow.

"And I have to study. Finals are tomorrow." Sam said, who sat down on a chair, and pulled his laptop out of the laptop bag, which was thrown lazily over his shoulder. It was pretty big, but on Sam it looked like a purse, which Dean smirked at almost every time.

"You've been studying all weekend, moose. Stop being so boring." Gabriel complained. He grabbed a piece of candy out of his pocked, took the wrapper off, and threw it to the side, missing the trash can by a couple inches.

"You're the one who agreed to let me move in with you." Sam protested, who had just opened his laptop, turned to face Gabriel.

"Well, if we can't leave, what do you wanna do?" Dean asked, interrupting the silence.

"I would suggest video games but this is a hospital." Gabriel said, and leaned against the wall. "Not the best gaming systems."

"We could go over to your apartment, Gabriel." Cas suggested.

"I thought you said you don't want to do much." Gabe asked, pulling the lollipop out of his mouth, and twirling the stick around in his fingers.

"I'll come over for an hour, but I'm not up for much longer." Cas said, laying down on the bed. He looked exhausted, but excited as well.

"Alrighty, sounds good. Better than nothin'" Gabriel said, and Dean wheeled over to help Cas out of his bed and into the wheelchair, and they were off.

~~~

They entered Gabriel's apartment, which was kind of a mess, a blanket draped over the couch. "And that is my new bed." Gabriel said, pointing to the couch.

"Well, you were the one who told me to take the bed." Sam defended himself.

"Okay, okay, you're right, just joking a bit." Gabriel said, and started up his Wii. "Mario Kart?" He asked, holding out the game.