What and Where

I was being lifted off the ground. I felt like an angel again until I heard the voice. "Sam! Open up! Cas is badly injured!" I figured I was being carried by Dean. I heard the bunker door open and muffled voices from them. I was laid down on something that felt cold. I shivered and barely opened my eyes. I immediately see Dean in front of me.

    "Dean? What is happening? Where is Sam?" I asked. Dean looked at someone behind me.

    "Gabe, come out." He said. I looked the other direction to see Gabriel standing there.

    "G-Gabriel? What's going on here? I- AH!" I screamed, suddenly, slamming my head back onto the metal counter. The pain was infuriating, spreading over my entire back. "SOMEONE START EXPLAINING!!" I screamed, my eyes going everywhere, my back arching up. I had so many questions. I whimpered.

    "Castiel, calm down." Gabriel said. "Can you sit up?" I sat up, grabbing anything that was around me, that was Dean's hand. He could tell how scared I was. Gabriel lifted my shirt up and gasped. "What thing could do this to an angel?"

    "Whatever thing could do the same to a man." I hissed through the pain. Gabriel's hands traced my back. I waited for the relieved feeling but nothing came. "Gabriel aren't you going to heal me?"

    "But-Cas, I-I can't. As much as I want to, I can't." Gabriel replied, his cold hands leaving my back.

    "What-what do you mean you can't heal me? You're an archangel."

    "I- I don't know if I am, anymore." He murmured, staring at his own hands. I raised an eyebrow. Sam appeared in the doorway.

    "Maybe Metatron brought him back." Sam said, arms crossed. My eyes turned to him.

    "Metatron wouldn't do that."

    "He's in a false God frenzy, who knows what he'd do!" Sam said. He sounded exasperated.

    "So that's your theory? Making angels fall and bringing the already dead ones back to life? Stealing my grace and wings-" I stopped, the pain had risen from my anger, my hand gripping Dean's. "I-I just don't think it's possible."

    Have faith, Castiel? Didn't you always used to say that, the voice echoed.