We've Got To Stitch Cas Up

*Dean's perspective now*

I was crying with  joy over the newborn, Castiel had given birth to. He had just explained how he wanted his name to be Forest because it brought the beauty out of his eyes to remind him of me. Even if I was away on a hunt.

The thought of being without Cas after so long with him- the thought of Cas without me. It scared me, frankly. I smiled through tears as I looked at Forest. The thought of being a family with Cas had me going. I would give anything for him and now Forest. I looked at Cas when he asked me if I liked the name.

"You- The- It's beautiful, and so is the reason." I murmured. Forest cooed at me. I could feel Cas's eyes on us.

"I love you Dean... and Forest." He said. I smiled wider and looked up, my whole face drained and I lost my smile. Castiel's head hung and his eyes were closed. I set Forest down quickly and picked up Cas's head.

"Cas? Cas!" I shook him. He wasn't responding. "You can't do this to me! I just got you!" I felt tears go down my face. "Gabriel! Sam!" I started to cry. Gabriel ran back into the room.

"What happened?!" He yelled.

"I- I don't know!" I stuttered, tears running down my face. Gabriel ran over to me, pushing me out of the way.

"Cassie!" He yelled at Castiel, shaking him. "God dammit." He muttered. "I think I forgot to do something after he gave birth-SHIT!" He said realizing. "I FORGOT TO STITCH HIM!" Gabriel looked at me with a wide eyes.

"YOU FORGOT TO STITCH HIM-oh my god!" I said, my mood going from angry to worried. Castiel started choking all of a sudden. "Cas?!" He winced in between chokes. Gabriel automatically put his hand on his forehead. Blue seeped through Castiel's eyes before it faded out completely.

"What?!" Gabriel freaked. He looked at his hand.

"What?!" I mocked back.

"My power it's vanished. I drained it out."

"Can-Can somebody help me.." Castiel's voice came into the conversation. I looked to him with relief. "I- something ripped earlier... and I didn't know what it was... for a second I thought I was dead."

"For a couple seconds or a minute at least. Now you said something ripped?" I said. Cas nodded. He took a deep breath.

"It's in where my-" He pointed. "Ya know.." He whispered. I nodded.

"Gabe's gonna stitch you up." I said. He shook his head.

"Can-can you do it?" He asked, averting his eyes. "I'll feel more comfortable if you do it..." I sighed.

"If you really want me to, I'll do it." I said. "I just want you to get better."

"Yes, please." He said. I nodded.

"Gabriel, you keep an eye on Forest and Cas, while I go get the kit." I ordered him before leaving the room. I saw Sam walk out of his room, ball mess of hair. I got the kit quickly and ran back to our room. I found Sam holding Forest and Gabriel talking to Castiel.

"Stay strong-" I heard him say. "We'll be angels again sometime soon... just make it through okay?" I saw Cas nod and I smiled.

"Okay, should I begin?" I asked. Sam looked up from Forest and had a questioning look on his face. "Something went wrong with Cas." I explained. His mouth made an 'o' shape.

"Makes sense." He muttered. "I doubt either of you have much experience with childbirth." Cas winced.

"As you can see, no." I said and shooed them out. "IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO THAT BABY I'M BLAMING YOU TWO." I added before I shut the door. I turned around and saw Cas trying to stand but failing.

He was crying more quietly now. "Cas?" I walked over and helped him stand.

"Dean... this-it hurts. Like...I said...my legs feel numb."

"Here let me help." I picked him up, carrying him. He flinched at the touch but grabbed onto me. He felt lighter than usual. I felt a warm liquid drip onto my fingers and wrist. I looked to see blood. "Cas?"

"Hm?" He hummed into my neck.

"You're bleeding."

"That's what happens when your anus is split open." He murmured. We were now in the bathroom. I set him down in the spacious bathtub that I have now. I was about to set Cas down when he whispered faintly into my ear. "Dean, I'm scared." As his grip around me got tighter. "I mean-what if I die? What if I don't-"

"You're going to live, Cas. I will fix you up as new and maybe- just maybe Chuck can make this even better." He sighed which became a sob. I set him down. "I promise."

He nodded. He was sat on his stomach. I gently pulled his everything off from waist down. I kept thinking maybe it's a small rip but I was wrong. So. Fucking. Wrong. It was so bloody.  It was a big rip. It was a motherfucking line kind of rip. 

               I wanted to cry. Just staring at it made me feel- well sad. Devastated. I could say a million words and none of them would cover the hopelessness I felt, gazing on the relentless bleeding. I sucked in a long breath and shivered. I looked inside the sewing or aid kit and pulled out the usual instruments.

               I placed a hand on Cas's rear and he flinched at the touch once again. I attached the string to the needle. I took a deep breath again and started. Cas started to wince a lot. After it was all over, blood stained my hands.

               "Alright, baby, it's over." I declared. "You're all patched up." I smiled. I almost wanted to smack his ass. Cas moved his legs. Like actually moved his legs, on his own.

               "Dean, thank you." He said, looking at me. He sucked in a sharp breath. "I'll have to get used to this..." He said, digging his nails into his thighs. "Where's Forest?"