Prologue and Chapter 1

Prologue To the Astral building.

     Carmen came running up to me, her red curls bouncing like crazy. I finished fixing my black ringlets just as she stopped in front of me. I was always good at guessing what people were thinking, because it was almost as if they were saying it out loud. I sighed

"Let me guess Carmen, you want to tell me some thing." She looked at me in surprise.

      I continued

"James asked you out."

She gave a nervous laugh

"How do you do that Vee? Honestly that really creeps me out some times." I smiled at her

"Well your eyes creep me out I mean seriously, they're like cats eyes, plus I have never seen eyes as green as yours".

I slammed my locker shut.

"Well honestly who has eyes that are ice blue, not to mention they pierce right through you." Carmen countered.

I laughed and linked my arm into hers, as we walked down to the cafeteria. We received our food and sat down at a table.

      I had just taken a bite of my salad when the lights flickered off and the cafeteria was plungged into darkness. I heard a high-pitched scream, which was cut of. I felt someone grabbing onto me in the darkness, I struggled but another set of hands tied me up tightly and gagged me quickly, yet silently. They started to lead me out of the school, but before I got there I felt something prick my hand and, '' I'm sorry, I have to this Vee.'' I would've asked

''Who are you?" But the darkness enveloped my vision, and I was placed into a thick haze.

Chapter 1 

Dr. Finneck Golden  

         My eyes fluttered open, my vision was all blurry but i didn't need to see to know that the room i was in was all white. When my eyes swam into focus, i saw white every were. Am i in heaven? I thought. I tried to sit up but something held me down. I craned my neck down and saw leather straps binding me to my bed. I turned my head to see Carmen.

         She was being examined by a man with short brown hair, smokey gray eyes and he was wearing a white lab coat

."Ah" he said "you have finally woken up."

He looked back at Carmen and continued examining her, muttering inaudible words. He looked up at someone i could not see and nodded. He then turned to me

"hello Vee, my name is Dr. Finnek golden. But pleas call me Dr. Finnek. Now i know you have many questions and they will be answered but you need to cooperate."

I looked over at Carmen and she nodded, -listen to him- she thought at me -if you behave it will go a lot faster-. Just then a woman with blond hair came in with a wheel chair and helped Carmen into it.

                 I instantly started to struggle and i shouted

"Where are you taking her?"

When the door closed behind Carmen and the woman Dr. Finnek said

"i cant tell you that, but if you co-operate like your friend did you will know soon enough. Now, will you listen and not try to run away?"

I nodded, Dr. Finnek took of the bindings of and i instantly sat up.

"Well i think i know where you will be already." He took out a box and handed it to me.

          I took it as he nodded to the person i could not yet see.

"Now vee" the doctor said in his smooth tone "I don't want you to struggle we are helping you. Let Miss. Phillip take you too your room and dont struggle at all or when we finish your transformation you could cause yourself problems. under stood?"

I nodded and aloud the lady with blond hair -who i now know was named miss. Plillip- help me into the wheel chair and take me down the hall to a large room. Once she left me in the room i took in the odd look of the room.

          It was painted a bright cheery blue, it had a queen bed on the right wall, a fancy teak wood dresser against the wall opposite to the bed and beside it was a double door mirror closet. It had one bathroom with a stand in box shower, a pure white bath tub, a marble sink with a silver faucet and a white toilet. In the cupboard above the sink i found all my make up, medicine and my first aid kit , all from witch were in my house. Under the sink in the cupboard i saw my hair products, also from home.

             I went back out to the main room and looked in the dresser and closet to see all of my clothes and belongings. In the bottom of my closet were all my sneakers, my long board and all of my high tops. On the hangers by my closet i saw all my flat hats, my beanies, my sweaters and my coat. I didn't know what else to do so I went to the buzzer beside the door and pressed the green button. I asked to see Carmen and to have some food delivered to my room. The man on the outher end said Carmen and the food would be there in 20 Minuit's.

           I thanked the man who had said his name was Michel and sat on the bed. It was a water bed with downy pillows. Like the room, the bed sheets and pillow cases were blue. I sat there on the bed thinking of reasons i got taken from school and brought to this place. I hadn't done anything bad or upsetting, not to mention i was only 17 and in eleventh grade. I think the thing i thought about was how they got all my stuff. The people that took me could have broken into my house and took it all, or they could have snuck in and grabbed it. When i came to no answer to why i was there i got up, grabbed a towel from the stack on the table by the door and took a shower. 

           There were so many shampoos and soaps to choose so i picked the same shampoo i use at home (witch is pantien for curly hair) and soap that smelled like vanilla. As i worked the shampoo into my now straight black hair i thought about what Dr. Finnek meant by transformation.

"How could you transform a person and what was i going to become?" I thought out loud "could he be changing me and Carmen into animals? Or maybe other people?"

After that i became worried, what was my mom doing, did she even know i was missing?

             I could easily imagine my mom, worried, her black hair tangled and messy. I hope she was alright. When my hair and body were as clean as they will ever be i got out of the shower. I patted my self dry and put on my purple bath robe that was hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I looked under the sink and pulled out my hair dryer. After my hair was dry i sprayed on some stuff to help keep my black ringlet's from going frizzy. I went back out into the main room and got dressed. There wasn't any windows in the room so i wasn't worried about peekers. When i fineshed dressing i was in a black and blue checked shirt, skinny jeans, no shoes and a black beanie. I remembered the box Dr. Finnek gave to me and picked it up off the bed. I sat down on the bed and opened the lid. Inside, on top of blue velvet was a necklace.

               It was in the shape of two hearts. The outside heart was silver, the in side heart was gold. In the center of the two hearts was a pawprint made up of five diamonds. I picked up the necklace and saw a note underneath. I picked up the note and put the necklace and the box back on the bed. I un folded the note and in neat hand writing it said

         Dear Vee, The reason you are here is because you are part of a project called the astral project. The reason you and your friend are in the program is because you are both clever, cunning, resourceful and smart. By now you are probably wonder about your family at home. Your mother -Natasha- knows you are safe and OK. Every one at your school thinks you, Carmen and the rest of the kids that are in the program transferred after the electricity went out. I bet you have a lot of questions and they will be answered when you are finished. See you soon. Dr. Finnek