Chapter 17

Chapter 17

    The fight that proves my power.

   I sprung up in the air in an arc. I took advantage of Alex's fire and lit my hands on fire as i rose, i then made my self hover. "What the hell?" I herd Demetre curse. I then shot the fire at him. I dropped down and started the fight. He would punch but i would block. At one time i thought he had me because he punched my stomach knocking the wind out of me and punching me in the nose, giving, me a nose bleed. But i regained it when He tried to kick me. I caught his leg, and surprising my self with my fighting skills i flipped him then slammed him into the ground. My hair shooting back as i did this,my hat flying at Alex witch he caught. I then made vines come and tie Demetre up. He struggled, but it was useless. When he was fully restrained, i walked up to him "still think you can dispose of me?" I asked, just then i heard something that made me freeze. It was some one screaming. I turned and saw fire blazing towards me. As i jumped out of the way i thought it was Alex but when i landed i saw someone else, Reachel heart. "Hey! I know you hate me but you don't need to half kill me." I said. Rea looked at me "you don't know? I have plenty of reasons to kill you. Like for example..." she shot fire at me. Demetre was still tied up. "Your a filthy mixblood. You have some thing i want." As i avoided another attack i said "and what might that be?" She attacked again. "Your power gem." I stopped "huh?" She avoided me when i tried to freeze her. "I'm surprised Alex hasn't told you about that yet. Every person, supernatural or not, has a power gem. Normal humans aren't interesting. Just simple grey, but supernaturals are bright and colourful. If you are a mix blood you have two gems." I dodged another attack. Out of the corner of me eye i saw to wolves locked in combat. One was black and grey, witch was Alex, the other one was light brown. Rea continued "your gems are exceptionally more powerful then anyone elses I've ever seen. When i take you gems i will also gain the powers that should be mine." I herd a yelp and saw Alex's opponent turn and flee into the woods. He phased back and nodded. By now teachers had arrived. They rushed forward to stop the fight. "NO!" Reachel screamed and a shock wave burst out nearly knocking me over. I saw a bubble flex and shape around her and i. Miss. Baker tyred to get past it but she was thrown backwards. It was an invisible barrier. I glared at Reachel. She gave an evil smile "now no one can interrupt us and you cant run away either." She began attacking i caught Alex staring at me, helpless. "If i could get my hands on your power gems, i would be able to rule the supernatural world!" She shouted, i was getting annoyed. It was time to stop. "Its time to end this!" I shouted and I rushed at her, setting my fist on fire. When i reached her i aimed for her head with my right, she dodged my hit but i had expected that, so lighting my other fist on fire too i swung at her stomach. It made contact. I stood their watching her cough up a bit of blood. She collapsed and the barrier fell. With that the were wolves that had arrived with Demetre swarmed around Rea, they delicately lifted her and were gone. None of the teachers noticed. They were all helping Miss. Baker who was lying on her side, twitching. I turned to were i had left Demetre tied up, but he was gone too. Alex came rushing towards me, he wrapped his arms around me. He rubbed his hand in soothing circles on my back. "I'm so glad your alright." Alex whispered. A shriek cut through the air. I pulled out of Alex's arm's. All the students were huddled around some thing that was still screaming. I pushed my way through the crowed, when i came out i saw something that made my knee's week. On the ground in front of me, screaming and thrashing in pain was Carmen.