Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Final rest

I woke up Wednesday exited, yet scared. Today was the day, the day we set out on our journey. I was up before rebecca, so i went out onto the porch to watch the ocean. It was a cloudy day. It wasn't to warm out, but it wasn't hot. The clouds were an ugly gray, the wind was blowing gently. I heard a creek on the porch, i turned and saw rebecca. "Morning." She yawned. I nodded. "Did you sleep well?" She asked. I hadn't slept well at all. "No. Not at all. How about you?" I said. She shrugged. She said "come inside, i think we have pancake mix. I know how to make awesome chocolate chip pancakes." I smiled and fallowed her in side. We ate got ready and headed back to the nurses cabin. When we walked in. Other than Dr. Finneck, no one else was here yet so i spent my spare time watching Carmen. I heard the others enter. I stood up and left Carmen, the emotions that were playing around inside my mind were beginning to over whelm me. Alex hugged me, tight. We all had our coats on, our travailing shoes (as rebecca called them), our packs ready and we turned to Dr. Finneck. He started handing out some objects. To Alex he handed a small metal circle with a blue button. "This is a holo map. It will show you the route to the antidote. Press the blue button and the map will project out." Dr. Finneck explained. Alex tryed and a small coloured and very detailed map shone out. As Alex played around with the holo map, Dr. Finneck went to Jade and Azura. To each of them he handed a small spiral of thick wire. He said "this is a PSS. A portable stove system. Flick the switch on the side and it will heat up. Press the button beside the switch and the solar charging panels will fold out." He went on to Rebecca. He handed her what appeared to be a compact. "This is a holo communicator. Open the communicator and press the center button on the Little key pad and it will activate voice command. It is pretty much a cellphone that looks like a compact. It has an id scanner. You can use the id scanner to identify people and materials." Next was Crystal. To her Dr. Finneck gave a small case. "This is a telleportation case. If you need some thing from me, Rebecca will contact me and i will send it to this." It was my turn. What i got confused me. It appeared to be the same thing Alex got. "This object is my favorite invention. It is the Holo Datapod. It does every thing from show you where you are, to what some thing is all you have to do is give it a voice command." I presses the blue button. A small screen appeared, projected from the holo. In a robotic voice, it asked me for my name.  "Vee Jennifer Sanders." I told the holo. It confirmed and sent me to what looked like a Pygmy puff from Harry Potter. Digital eyes oped on the glob. In a high voice it said "hello Vee, my nave is Ira. I am a datapod. I store, sort and live in your data. I am pretty much a pet. Just give me a command i will do it. Or if you just need some one to talk to, i listen and actually converse." I gaped in amazement. The more i was at the academy, the more possible things i thought were impossible became. I had a futuristic device in front of me. Dr. Finneck smiled at me. "It does all the work all you have to do is tell it what to do, observe." He took Ira from me "Ira, make new file folder." I watched a digital filing cabinet appear and a blank folder come out. The folder than opened and it was a blank note page. Ira appeared in the corner with a pen. Dr. Finneck then said "copy word." He than said "Hello i am Dr. Finneck". Ira wrote it down. "Save and close document. Ira tossed the pen and closed the folder. The virtual filing cabinet appeared again and the folder slid away. I said, taking the holo back "awesome, this is so cool." Dr. Finnec nodded. It was time to leave.