:8:

"…inette, Marinette, Marinette!" a high piched voice screeched.

"Give me a minute" mumbled the tired girl.

"But Marinette, school stared thirty minutes ago!"  the spotted kwami exclaimed.

"What!" she shot her head up from her pillow.

She got her phone from behind her cat plushie to check the time.

"Nine thirty, ahh I'm late!" she practically jumped out of her bed.

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late again" she repeated as she ran around her room, trying to get ready for school as quickly as she could.
   ‍   
Once she was ready, Marinette ran down the steps of her room and into the kitchen.
Deciding that she didn't have time to eat, she ran out of her house and into her parent's bakery.

"Hi mamam, bye mamam" Marinette called to her mother at the counter before she beelined towards the front door of the bakery.

The student ran to the school just across the street and bolted up the front starts and to the classroom she was meant to be in.

Her first class of the day was science with Ms. Mendeleiev.
She was by far the strictest teacher in the school. She wouldn't even put up with Chloe.

Marinette was was done for.

Not even her Ladybug luck could help her.

She looked into the classroom through the inner windows.
The science teacher was up at the front of the class, writing on the chalkboard, meaning her back was turned to the class.

Now would be the best time to sneek in.

The bluenette opened the classroom door slightly and slid inside the room. She closed the door quietly before tiptoeing to her seat.

"Marinette Dupain-cheng" Ms Mendeleiev said, causing the girl to freeze in her place.

She turned around to face the student.
"I hope you have a good reason to why you are late" the woman said to the teen.

"Emm" Marinette blanked.
"My car broke down? Yeah, my car broke down so I had to walk to school" Marinette smiled, hoping she would fall for her lie.

A small frown formed on Ms Mendeleiev's face.
"Detention, one hour" the teacher barked.
"Now go sit down"

Marinette sighed in defeat as she made her way towards her seat.

"Slept in?" Alya whispered her friend.

Marinette nodded weakly as she took out her tablet.
 ‍   
 ‍   
Matriarch walked into Collège Françoise Dupont, her entourage of children following behind her.

What better way to get the mayor's attention than by taking his child.

He cared about his daughter just like every parent would care for their children, so he would be greatly effected when she held Chloe hostage.
He would know what it's like to loose something you care about deeply.
He would feel the pain she felt when she received the letter.
He would feel the pain of loosing something he loved, just like she did.

The villain barged into the classroom. All eyes were instantly on her.

"Chloe Bourgeois" Matriarch hissed.

"What?" Chloe shot up from her chair.
"I don't know you. Who are you?" she looked at the villain.

"Get her!" she yelled while pointing at the blonde.
A hoard of children came into the room and made their way towards the mayor's daughter.

Chloe ran to the front if the classroom with the children close behind her.

"Get away from me" she yelled as she pushed through the kids and sprinted towards the door.

Matriarch blocked her path at the last second.
"Oh, you're not going anywhere"

Chloe backed away from the akuma to walk into someone's arms.
She turned around to see one of the akuma's older henchmen.

Her eyes widened in fear. She was screwed.

They tightened their grip around her waist before picking her up up and drooping her body over their shoulder.

"Come on children, we have what we needed" she herded all of her minions out of the classroom.

"Help me!" Chloe shot a pleading look towards Adrien and Marinette as she was taken out of the classroom.

The two shared a knowing look with each other before they got up and ran out of the classroom.

"Wha- where do you two think you're going?" the science teacher attempted to stop them but the students were already out of earshot.

"We've got to transform" Marinette said as they went down the main stairs.

They stopped behind the stairs and made sure there were no onlookers before saying their transformation phrases.

"Tikki, spots on!"
"Plagg, claws out!"

3

The 22nd of April marks the one year anniversary for this book series. To celebrate, I decided to do a Q and A.

Feel free to leave your questions down in the comment section below (They can be about anything and everything)