:17:

The two walked towards the school in a confortable silence. There wasn't much that could be said at the moment.

"Marinette!" The two heard a voice yell from beind then.

They glanced over their to see Alya jogging over towards them.

"Where were you two" Alya started.
"We were all so worried when you both just ran out" she questioned the pair.

"Emm..." Adrien struggled to think of an answer.

"We wanted to get away from the akuma" Marinette spat out the first thing that came to her mind.

"Yeah... you know... wouldn't want our parents to worry" Adrien rose his hand to the back of his head nervously. Why did he have to remind himself of his farther.

Alya visibly winced. Strange.
"Oh... I'm just glad that both of you are okay" she smiled, although it looked strained.

"We're both good, no scratches" Adrien smiled awkwardly.

"Yeah, we just came back to get our stuff" Marinette added.

"Oh, okay"

Something was clearly wrong, but Adrien just couldn't put his finger on it.

"I'll leave you two to it then. See ya! " Alya excused herself from the two before walking down the front steps of the school.

"Was it just me or was something up with Alya" Adrien waited for blogger to be out of earshot before speaking up.

"No I definitely saw it too" Marinette agreed as they entered the school.

The collected their belongings from the empty classroom before walking back into the hallways.

"Something must have happened while we were gone"

Adrien nodded his head in agreement.

One they made it outside,
Adrien dug his hand into his messenger bag and pulled out his phone.

"I'll call my driver to come get us" he said as he searched through his contacts for the Gorilla.

~~~ ツ time skip ツ~~~

The Silver car pulled into the Agreste estate without much trouble, apart from the everyday mild traffic.

"Thank you" Marinette said as she got out of the car.

Adrien and her walked up to the grand front door. The blond opened the door before walking into the mansion.

Marinette looked around the grand building while also following Adrien into his father's office. Even thought she had been there multiple times, as Ladybug and Marinette, she still couldn't get over how big his house was.

"Where in here would the book be?" Marinette asked as she glanced around the office.
The office was so bare, surely one would be able to see the book easily.

"Right there" Adrien said as he looked towards the large portrait of his mother. Oh what a beautiful painting it was, highlighting just how flawless she was... before she disappeared.

He frowned slightly. His mother was still gone.

His father became Hawkmoth, threatened Paris and it was all for nothing.

Now he wouldn't have his mother or father in his life.

His frown deepened.

"You okay?" Marinette asked, noticing this.