:12:

"Matriarch, how about we try this again. I will grant you the power to successfully get your home back for the children but first you must help me"

Ladybug wrapped her yo-yo around the tip of the missile, separating the explosive into two pieces and disarming the weapon.

Slow clapping could be heard in the room.
"Congratulations, you got pass my defence system" Hawkmoth taunted.
"Although, things are going to harder from here, so I'd suggest you give up and hand me your miraculouses"

"In your dreams" Ladybug remarked.

A sudden crunching sound was made by feet stepping on broken glass.

"Who's there" the black cat questioned while clenching his weapon closer.

The crunching sound continued.

"Ah, Matriarch, how nice of you to join us" Hawkmoth said smugly.

"Matriarch?" Ladybug inquired.
"B-but we defeated her?"

"And I brought her back" Hawkmoth started.
"Her negative emotions were still present, making her an easy pray for my akuma"

"Children, bring us their miraculouses, her earrings and his ring" Matriarch commanded.

her army spilled into the room via window and went straight to attacking the heroes.
One of the woman's henchmen instantly landed a kick to Ladybug's chest, earning a grunt from her and sending her backwards.

Unlike an hour ago, the children were vicious and stronger.

Ladybug quickly regained her balance before swinging her yo-yo and wrapping it around their leg. She pulled on the yo-yo string, tripping them off of their feet.

Another two darted towards her while she saw her partner dealing with three others.
"Chat, there's too many of them" Ladybug said as she doged a punch from one of the children.

A hand suddenly grabbed her yo-yo wielding arm, startling the bug.

"Wha...?" In a blink of an eye, Ladybug was thrown into the wall brutality, a bone-chilling scream being heard from her.

"Ladybug!" Chat snapped his head towards his lady.

The last kid he was battling with him took this as a chance to attack. They aimed a punch at the miraculous holder's head, but Chat, who was one step ahead of the lackey caught their wrist. He flipped the child over his shoulder and hurled them into same wall that Ladybug was thrown into a second ago.

"I'm okay chaton" Ladybug used his pet name to reassure him.
"Don't worry about me"

"B-but you were thrown into a-"

"Chat, I'm perfectly fine" Ladybug interrupted.

To prove her point, Ladybug picked herself off of the floor with ease.

"See, I'm-Chat, watch out!" Ladybug threw her yo-yo past her partner. The weapon wrapped around the airborne leg of a child who had attempted to kick Chat Noir.

She yanked on yo-yo, making their second leg loose connection with the ground.

Out of the corner of her eye, Ladybug spotted Hawkmoth fleeing through the smashed window.

"Chat" Ladybug called her partner's superhero name.

"Bugaboo" the hero whacked a child away with his staff.

"It's Hawkmoth, he's escaping" the heroine kicked a child away.
"I need you to go look for him, we can't let him out of our sight" she doged a punch from another kid.

"But what about the akuma" Chat questioned as he threw another child into a neighbouring wall.
He couldn't leave his lady by herself. They were the bug and cat team after all.

"Don't worry about it, I can deal with her" Chat gave her an uneasy look. They usually fought akuma's together. What if she needed his cataclysm, or what if…

"Trust me one this" his partner interrupted his thoughts.
"Once I catch her akuma, I'll meet up with you"

Chat nodded. He needed to trust Ladybug. She would be okay, she would get Matriarch and then they would get rid of Hawkmoth.
"Find Hawkmoth, got it m'lady" he headed towards the large, broken window.

She can do this, no, they can do this. They can take down Hawkmoth, once and for all.

A/N: I'm so super very sorry for not updating last week.