16 (Part 1)

Brantley's POV
I'm pacing back and forth in the living room, trying to calm my nerves. I haven't seen Maci in 24 hours and no one is letting me talk to her. I look outside and watch people work their asses off to finish setting up for the wedding. I haven't been inside the giant reception tent yet, but Kolby said it looks amazing. "Nervous?" Jason asks, walking up next to me. "Hell yeah. I keep praying that she doesn't become a runaway bride." I tell him with a nervous smile. "Bro, that girl loves you. We can see it written all over her face. Plus, she ain't going anywhere now that y'all are having a baby." He says reassuringly. I nod my head and look up at the time. "Guess we better find our spots. The girls will be here soon." I say, taking a deep breath. "Let's get you two lovebirds married."

I'm standing at the altar, ringing my hands together, and making small talk with some of the guests. I see the car pull in, that the girls are riding in, and my nerves shoot up again. Kolby, Jason, and Luke, come and take their spots next to me. "She looks beautiful bro." Kolby whispers, as the bridesmaids make their way down the aisle. I see the back doors to the house open, and Maci walk out. As she slowly makes her way towards me, I can't help but start to tear up.

Maci's POV
I'm walking down the aisle towards Brantley, and it takes everything in me to hold back the tears. I watched as he bent down in tears as he watched me. Kolby leans down and lays Brantley's back and helps him stand up right. I finally reach the altar and I lift my hand to wipe Brantley's tears. "You look beautiful." He whispers. "You're looking pretty handsome yourself outlaw." I say with a smile. The minister looks at us both before starting our ceremony. I just stand there and look into Brantley's eyes. We can't wipe the smiles off our faces. "The couple has written their own vows. Brantley, you may go first." Brantley clears his throat before he begins.

"Maci, I never thought that I was going to find the right woman to settle down with. The day I laid eyes on you, I had the feeling that you could be the one for me. I love you so much, and I can't wait to watch our family grow. You are my world now baby girl and I'm ready to share this life with you."

"Brantley, I thank God everyday that you rescued me. You got me out of an unhealthy situation, and I don't know how I will ever repay you. I'm so excited that I get to spend the rest of my life with you. I can't wait to see the husband and father that you will become. I love you."

The minister asks for the rings and hands them to myself and Brantley. "Brantley, do you take Maci to be your wife?" "I do." Brantley says with a smile as he slides the band on my finger. "Maci, do you take Brantley as your husband?" "I do." I slide the ring on Brantley's finger and a tear slides down my cheek. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to introduce to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Brantley Gilbert."