20

Maci's POV
"Now we need to choose a name for Baby Boy Gilbert." I tell Brantley, as I look down at our sleeping son. Everyone in our friends and family is still in complete shock. So are we. "Barrett." Brantley says out of the blue. "I love that!" "Well it's settled then. Barrett Gilbert." He says with a smile. "Now for the big problem. What on earth are we going to do with all the girl stuff we have?" I ask Brantley laughing. "Don't worry your pretty little head about that. I already have Mama, Caroline, and Brittany on the case. They were so excited." He tells me with a wink. "You get some rest before the family comes back." He gently takes Barrett and kisses my head before I fall asleep.

Brantley's POV
(2 Days Later)
"Alright, we are home." I say to Maci as I pull in the driveway. I hop out of the truck and walk around to help Maci out, and then I carefully life Barrett's seat out of the truck, to carry him inside. We walk in and Maci let's out a sigh. "You ok?" I ask her. "Yeah, I'm just happy to be home." She says with a smile. "Can we go see the nursery?" She asks. "Yeah, let's go." I tell her as I lift Barrett out of his seat. We walk slowly up the stairs, since Maci is still sore, and walk up to the closed nursery door. Maci reaches out and turns the door knob, slowly opening the door. When we see the nursery, it literally knocked the breath out of both of us. "Oh my God! They did amazing!" Maci says excitedly. "It looks good. Doesn't even look like it was painted purple." I say with a laugh. We walk around looking at all of our new boy stuff. I need to remember to send all those angels flowers and anything else they want.

Maci's POV
I'm sitting in the nursery feeding Barrett and getting ready to lay him down for a nap. I look up from my nursing son to see Brantley leaning against the door frame, staring at me. "What?" I ask him with a smile. "I'm just admiring the view. I never thought I would get the most perfect family." He says as he walks over to me. "We are pretty perfect aren't we?" "You know it baby girl. All of my dreams came true with you." Brantley bends down and kisses me softly. "I feel the same way." I look down at my sleeping son and carefully get out of the chair so I don't wake him. I lay him in his crib and just look down at him with a smile. "I prayed for you baby boy."

I walk downstairs, carrying the baby monitor, and curl up to Brantley on the couch. I wrap my arms around him and give him a squeeze. "You good?" He asks, looking down at me worriedly. "I'm better than ever. I have the most amazing husband in the world, and I've been blessed with the most perfect son. Life is perfect."

Brantley's POV
I wake up and look over to see that Maci is not in bed. I look over at the clock and see that it's only 3:30 in the morning. I assume that she is in the nursery feeding Barrett, so I get up to go check on her. When I walk in the room, Maci looks up at me and smiles. "What are you doing up?" "I got cold without you next to me. I wanted to make sure that you didn't need anything." I tell her as I lean down and kiss her forehead. "I'm good baby. I'm almost done. Go back to bed, I'll be there in a minute." She says with a kiss. I nod my head and walk back into the bedroom. Not even two minutes later, a very tired Maci comes and crawls back in bed. I gently pull her over to me and wrap my arms around her. She lays her head on my chest and lets out a content sigh. "Get some sleep baby girl. It won't be long before he is awake again." I whisper to her and kiss her head. I feel her breathing even out and I know that she is finally getting some sleep. "I remember the moment I laid eyes on you. You took my breath away. I will never forget the rage I felt when I saw Jake hurting you. I promise that no one is going to hurt you or our family again. I love you Maci, so much." I know that she didn't hear a thing I just said, and that's ok. I meant every word I said. I cuddle closer to my wife and slowly drift off to sleep. Life is perfect.

The End